The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Nucks - Flames

We really should not be gutting our future, even if it means adding a star like Matt Tkachuk (who'll probably want what his brother signed for in Ottawa), since we already have a surplus invested into wings as it is (Boeser, Garland, Mikheyev, Pearson, Podkolzin, Kuzmenko are the top-9 guys, plus Hoglander shouldn't be a 4th liner but that's where it looks like he will be as it stands).  Even if Calgary does implode they also probably wouldn't trade their star to a divisional opponent.

That being said, on a much smaller scale, a dream would be to trade Garland for Andersson, who fits the ilk of the solid, all-round RHD who would pair well with Quinn.  Myers for Tanev would be gravy, but no to adding other future assets for another winger.

4 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Canucks trade 

Connor Garland + Tyler Myers + Jonathan Lekkerimaki + 2023 2nd rd pic + 2023 4th rd pic

Flames trade

Mathew Tkachuk + Chris Tanev

If we decide to trade Miller, Cause we can’t afford to pay JT’s asking price… we get a 1st round for 2023 draft, and a premium prospect in return. That’s If we’re still planning on high hopes to draft Connor Bedard! and Matvei Michkov! thoughts….

Why would the Canucks mortgage their future for a player that would play tops 2 seasons before going to St. Louis ?

• Cheers 1

What could possibly go wrong with bringing in a known locker room cancer?  This would be Messier 2.0.  I wouldn't take that gutless turtle for free, let alone give up valuable assets for a complete disgrace to the sport.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This is a terrible deal for Calgary. We get their best forward and their best defensive Dman. They get a decent top 6 forward, an okay top 4 D (worse than Tanev), Lekkerimaki who might turn out to be a solid NHL player and a couple middle picks from us. So yeah as Vancouver, I'd say yes but...

anyone trading for Matthew should want a full extension agreed on before doing the trade. Van would ask for that and he'd say he won't resign here anyway. 

For the sake of argument, they'll need a top player, prospect/tertiary player and a 1st.

They'll desperately need scoring, have plenty of defence.

Boeser + Pearson + 1st would probably get it done. I still wouldn't do it though. Would consider it if it was Garland instead of Boeser.

17 hours ago, goog16 said:

NO......

3m5l4s-1808118192.png

Guess he got beaten by his Dad?  Joking aside,  i didn't like WNP back then ... how many times did his bully Dad drop the gloves against Murzyn?   Well think once 3 times in one game ... but would tuck his tail and do this when Gino, Antoski, Hunter or  Momesso was on the ice.  Apple fell a little far from the tree.   Kassian.  Not exactly a "bruiser" ... shamed his shameful family name.   At least Brady is scary like this: the goonies sloth GIF

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

What could possibly go wrong with bringing in a known locker room cancer?  This would be Messier 2.0.  I wouldn't take that gutless turtle for free, let alone give up valuable assets for a complete disgrace to the sport.

I would - but then I'd flip him immediately for someone with actual character.