The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

Just now, Pure961089 said:

I can see why JT Miller made this decision.  You find out Miller just had a baby, where would you want to raise a family? In the wide open fresh air of Vancouver, or the insane asylum nuthouse better known as the USA?  

Depends on the city. Too many variables.

IT'S MILLER TIME BABY !!!! 

Love this !!! J.T is the kinda guy u really need to win the play offs - The deal is pretty much market value all things considered but great he wants to stay and try and win with this core and not retire in the US like little Johnny and friends.

• Cheers 2

So many on here were sure he was gone. Good contracts for our top two centers. As i mentioned on another thread,  we cannot have three high priced centers.  Management has shown who our #1 and  #2 centers are now. 

Bo will need to sign a team friendly deal or he may be seen as expendable. 

The trade thoughts about Miller should have been about Bo as i mentioned before.  

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Even if he signed for 7m, one extra mill per year shouldn't hurt us. The toughest thing, really, is wondering how we're going to fix the rhd, but hopefully they'll find a way. 

It's more the total dollars/term than the AAV that I'm both uncomfortable with/surprised he came down that low/we went that high.

Have to think another guy (Boeser, Garland etc) will have to be on the move/packaged at some point here for a RHD.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

A bit too much, and more than a bit too long.

Fine for now, but the potential damage to the future has yet to be seen.

The team will be screwed if he becomes a 50 point, or less, guy for those last 3 years.

Sure they could dump him;  but that is going to cost.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Even if he signed for 7m, one extra mill per year shouldn't hurt us. The toughest thing, really, is wondering how we're going to fix the rhd, but hopefully they'll find a way. 

I have a lot of confidence in Allvin right now.  7 years for a 29 year old means his contract will end when he’s 36 not 38.  I can live with this.  We might need to do something with Myers contract if we want to extend Pettersson after this season (expect a big year this year) and Podkolzin to a long term contract 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Can we start a thread to mend some fences now?

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

ALREADY STARTED....GOT MY #9 JERSEY ON AND I'M WOOPIN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to both of you, Honestly had zero faith he'd come down that far (or that we'd go that high). Still worried about those last 3-4 years and I'll hunt you both down when he drops off a cliff :P:lol:

• Vintage 3