The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

45 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

LOL @ all the rumors and speculation that he was going to pull a Gaudreau/Tkachuk and leave Canada.

Shows that all these hockey pundits don't know jack sh*t.

including myself.

post covid and with Boudreau/new mgmt JT seemed to really lighten his mood/openly express how much he likes this team and VAN.  He doesnt strike me as a $$$ only guy so he must have a lot of belief in where this team is headed

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Terrible deal, imo, but it'll definitely help them for the next cpl seasons.......ybless it means no bo and/or no petey

Ure. One higher contract will cost us two other high contracts. Math isn't your strong suit.:lol:

Btw, I'd gladly take Miller over Bo. Doesn't mean I don'tr like Bo, but Miller is just the better overall player even if he is a whopping two years older.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, AV. said:

Well, we better hope that the cap is going up by 5M - 10M in the next 2 seasons and that JT can continue at a somewhat PPG pace.

That's the really the only way this move works for the Canucks beyond the immediate future.

Why ?  It's only a raise of $2.75MM over what he's making now and there will be $2.4MM in dead cap space (Holtby & Virtanen) removed following this season, so it's essentially a wash.  Plus, Ferland's $3.5MM will be gone.  Granted the potential increase to Horvat's cap needs to be addressed but an increase to cap limit will cover much of that.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I love the fact that the overwhelming number of posts here are absolutely in favour of this signing.

Shows you something about social media.

The negative nellies get way too much air time. Reading th 1200 pages of posts, you would have thought that a lot of people wanted him traded.  In fact very few did and the vast majority wanted him to stay!

Way to go JT looking forward to you leading this team for years to come!!!

I think if you were actually reading the thread, you'd have though a lot of people would have preferred to trade him than pay him too much money and too much term (his market value, which was closer to $8x8).

Very few (no?) people were simply wishing him away.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He would have gotten 10M+ on the open market.

Nope. He's not McDavid good. Moreover, there was another player - Jonathan Huberdeau @ 8 years 84 million... he's better than Miller stats wise, even more so last season.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I think if you were actually reading the thread, you'd have though a lot of people would have preferred to trade him than pay him too much money and too much term (his market value, which was closer to $8x8).

Very few (no?) people were simply wishing him away.

Hahaha sorry you lose.

JT is a great player, glad to have him signed at a decent deal and glad I don't have to listen to you anymore!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1