The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Hahaha sorry you lose.

JT is a great player, glad to have him signed at a decent deal and glad I don't have to listen to you anymore!!!

What did I lose exactly?

It is a decent deal. Longer than I'd prefer, but it is well below his market value.

You didn't have to listen to me before FYI.

Still doesn't mean people "wanted him traded".

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep. Add in Bo for something in the high 6's, thats a pretty sweet F group. Dickie is really the only overpaid guy, not seeing Mikheyev suit up yet. But down the middle it seems to be shaping up so well. 

And then Demko at 5 (thanks Jim, that one was a gem).

Having 3 high end C's is such a matchup weapon.

JR & Allvin saw it first hand with the HBK line.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think theres potential that 8M for JT helps set a good cap structure.

8 - Miller

7.75 - Hughes

7.35 - Pettersson

7.25 - OEL

doesn't set anything in a few years when EP is up for renewal he'll get over 8 based on the cap going up alone even if he ends up just around 80ish points a season guy

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

What did I lose exactly?

It is a decent deal. Longer than I'd prefer, but it is well below his market value.

You didn't have to listen to me before FYI.

Still doesn't mean people "wanted him traded".

Lol, some folks so desperate for “wins” in life they are gloating about this. Gloating. 

So I guess we are all moving on to the BO thread now?  Will that one hit 1000 pages?  Will BO also get re-signed or is he the one that is going to get traded?

This should be an exciting month for sure!!!

With Miller now a Canuck for life it's time to LET"S GOOOOO....

Playoffs baby, I can feel it...   :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Gross

This management group has proven to be awful so far.  They better hope they won before Petey is due

Apologies Stawns, but is your reaction based mainly on your predictions?? I always appreciate your takes and of course agree and disagree depending -  but I fail to see how this contract is negative based on similar players in the league based on "stats"...not even factoring in JT's character, leadership and positive impact on the overall attitude and morale of the team (which you always mention as being important).  At some point you have to appreciate certain players and pay them accordingly. I do agree the contract will not look as good in 5 years but I believe EVERY team in the league has or will have that kind of contract, it is the reality of the NHL currently. Yes we have issues on defence but these were not going to be solved this year or next by trading JT IMO. I love this signing and can not wait for the season to start!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Having 3 high end C's is such a matchup weapon.

JR & Allvin saw it first hand with the HBK line.

It sets the table for the next 4-5 years, we know we're going to have to find deals on the wing, and we also know two middle pair d is the main priority. 

I'm not worried about winger depth deals. 

Getting the d upgrades is going to be a big challenge, but at least we're not trying to do too many things at once. 

• Upvote 1