The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At this point we should seriously look at getting a top 4 RHD.  With Miller locked in for the next 8 years total this is our window now.  We aren't trading anyone for picks and prospects.  Horvat should get done I would assume, so maybe one of our high paid wingers plus either Höglander and/or Rathbone would be in play...

Agree with the urgency for a top 4 RHD now.  With that said, a trade for prospects / picks is exactly what they need to capture some cap space.  If they can land a young D for cheap who surprises beyond his salary, we've hit the magic jackpot.  Trading for a top 4 RHD will be tough without giving up a bunch.  Picking one up as a free agent will be tricky without cap space.  PA now has a year to trim the fat and see what options exist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Right hand side needs work. I like Myers but it’s time to move out Myers and trade a winger for a RHD. Much easier said than done.

Hughes - 

OEL - 

Dermott - Rathbone

Boeser has trade protection? I don’t think Garland should be the odd man out as of right now. Boeser needs to step up as well. See who has the better szn and move the other one at the deadline or off-season.

I'm predicting a strong season from Brock. He's been through a lot and had the summer to regroup. He will look like rookie Brock this year in my guestimation. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bought mine at the start of the summer....was trying to get one for MONTHS beforehand and they didn't have any.

You were confident. :lol:

I'd actually like to get the green gradient but I don't think they carry it anymore. I love it. Unfortunately the timing wasn't good for me when it came out. Getting laid off for 5 months due to covid and only being called back part time. That job uncertainty, and lost income, made me very cautious with my money. So now I may have to settle for the away jersey.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Baggins said:

You were confident. :lol:

I'd actually like to get the green gradient but I don't think they carry it anymore. I love it. Unfortunately the timing wasn't good for me when it came out. Getting laid off for 5 months due to covid and only being called back part time. That job uncertainty, and lost income, made me very cautious with my money. So now I may have to settle for the away jersey.

I looked at the Team Store every game I was at for months...none.

Then I went to the end of season sale and they had them.....40% off. People said I was nuts to buy it because "he's gone". I said I didn't care, I'd wear it anyhow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tas said:

go cheer for some other team that only wants to be a prospect mill and never actually compete.

oh wait, there ARE no teams like that in real life, just in your fantasies. 

Arizona?  

5 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

OMG that was awesome, just start the season NOW already! GCG!!!

I laugh because the ref he's barking at (Trevor) is my brother's good friend's son. He's THE WORST ref in my opinion. :lol:

Local boy, you'd think he'd at least get it right.

• Haha 3