The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bye Schneider, Chytil, Lundkvist, Sharangovich, Zacha, Severson, L Hughes, Nemec, Mayfield, Dobson, Necas, Bear, too many others to list. Lol 

you think we coulda got all that for miller?

WOW

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I dunno, I'd take a mean SOB 3rd pair LHD in the mold of McNabb/Mitchell....

Now we need a JTM-style player on D who shows passion and fire, breaks his sticks on things and will keep Demko accountable for any bad goals…jk

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm actually really good with this contract,  although I'm looking forward to seeing what the clauses are. I'm guessing full NMC for at least the first 5 years and a Modified NTC yeas 6 and 7 with a large bonuses in year 6 and 7 which would reduce his actual cash out in a trade.

All teams make these moves with their best players, glad we did as well. 

Now, we just get Horvat locked up before camp for 8 x 6.75 and then we don't have any drama around the team for the season. 

Full NMC, NTC first 4 years then the last 3 years is a modified NTC

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Next year…

Ferland contract will be gone (but they using up LTIR anyways).  Buyout will be gone (that’s $2.4M). Cap supposed to go up another $1m or so.

So say about $3.5M of extra cap space.  

Thinking they will try to trade a winger to get that elusive RHD or just free up cap space.

Dickinson 

Just now, cripplereh said:

To me I would rather see a trade for a rhd as we have 3 or 4 players we could package to get one without signing yet another lefty.

Teams have been hoarding their RHD. By next season a couple of them will become available I'm sure. 

By then we find a diamond in the rough maybe in Myrenburg,  Juulsen or Jurmo, if we're lucky.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

To me I would rather see a trade for a rhd as we have 3 or 4 players we could package to get one without signing yet another lefty.

This assumes though that we'd even be able to get a good rhd. That's all going to depend on the market, what's available, and if that particular team's even going to want Miller in the first place.

I think it's a common misconception that we can just get the kind of player we want in a trade. All you have to do is think logically about it to realise we don't always have that luxury.

• Cheers 2

I honestly think a lot of fans underestimate our team, Yes we probably could use a RHD or 2 but the fact is that we were up there when Bruce took over in GA. With the addition of faster players I think we should be fine, It's a team game and the structure Bruce plays just fits,,Great forwards, Great goalie and decent D...I;ll take my chances.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1