The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Johansson | D

Googlie

5 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

With Abby’s first loss predicting johansson draws in tonight

We will sure find out fast if Johansson is tough enough to handle the rough stuff. Will he be a shrinking flower, or rise up and fight back? Hoping, with his skill and experience, he fights back. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah looks like Juulsen might be out for game 2 - I kinda think they might still go with Keeper tho for the extra fight, they got pretty roughed up in game 1. Still stoked to see what Johansson can do - his skill on the breakout could be a difference maker in this tight checking series. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Yeah looks like Juulsen might be out for game 2 - I kinda think they might still go with Keeper tho for the extra fight, they got pretty roughed up in game 1. Still stoked to see what Johansson can do - his skill on the breakout could be a difference maker in this tight checking series. 

I think Keeper goes in unless Johansson is really impressing in practice.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

A very solid damn, with good size.  I think he's probably a lock in Van, but boy, is Woo making a strong case for himself.

Had great board work last night, that Tocchet will love. That one spin move where he completely lost his check :shock:

edit - Woo that is. I didn’t notice Johansson often, which is probably a great thing

Edited by Kenny Powers

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Had great board work last night, that Tocchet will love. That one spin move where he completely lost his check :shock:

edit - Woo that is. I didn’t notice Johansson often, which is probably a great thing

And he's got some fire too, the W's got a big hate on for him and Karlsson

Just now, stawns said:

And he's got some fire too, the W's got a big hate on for him and Karlsson

Definitely getting under the opponents skin since before he got speared in game one. He was in the center of several scrums, and it looks good on him. Shades of Bieksa.

• There it is 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

A very solid damn, with good size.  I think he's probably a lock in Van, but boy, is Woo making a strong case for himself.

I think both Johansson and Woo are on next years team if Woo has a good wrap to the playoffs and a good off season of training. He's finally gotten a good, injury free season behind himself. I expect him to make his case for a full time NHL position next season.

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe the Sedins should take a break from mind-melding with Klimovich and Podkolzin (and maybe even Raty) and start teaching Bieksa how to mind-meld with Woo, so that he can transfer his battle-earned experience over.  :bigblush:

lesson one:

Could contain: Clothing, Shorts, Adult, Male, Man, Person