The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators sign Tyler Motte

11 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yes I am 100% biased as I have lived in Ottawa since 2004 and have seen their fans through multiple eras and have seen their delusion first hand. They also claim they'll out place us this year but I'm currently remembering JT Miller walking around their entire team 100 feet in front of my eyes and embarrassing them. Before that it was Luke Schenn, before that, Brandon Sutter. Their defense sucks.

Their defense is their biggest weakness -- maybe in net too.

But for the first time in a while, both the Canucks and Sens have a decent chance at making the playoffs. Should make the games more fun for you.

15 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Their defense is their biggest weakness -- maybe in net too.

But for the first time in a while, both the Canucks and Sens have a decent chance at making the playoffs. Should make the games more fun for you.

Very true. Outplacing them is one of those side achievements that matter to me, but I'll be happy just making the playoffs honestly. A win in OT and MTL while im there will be the icing on the cake!

49 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The latest in a number of Sens moves that I really like. Nothing would please me more to have them finish ahead of Toronto!

not sure thats going to happen, but taking an extra game or two from them to keep TO out of the playoffs would be just as sweet. 

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I guess we didn't really need him?

Great add for Ottawa though, could be a dark horse out east.

#SummerofPierre

we made our offer (higher than what he took here) but wanted to move on. So I guess it was Motte didn't really need us. Which is fine, he took a shot at more dough and it didn't work out. Maybe time for a new agent tho. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I wonder how badly we nickel and dimed him to not even be in the running. 

Such a shame. I know he has his health issues, but at that price, it would have been so worth it to keep him. 

I think it was more along the lines of Mottes camp looking for an unreasonable amount. Probably why it took this long to sign him

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we made our offer (higher than what he took here) but wanted to move on. So I guess it was Motte didn't really need us. Which is fine, he took a shot at more dough and it didn't work out. Maybe time for a new agent tho. 

Maybe he'll be healthier somewhere else? Most players over on eventually, is the reality 

Maybe he'll get his bag next time

38 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I wonder how badly we nickel and dimed him to not even be in the running. 

Such a shame. I know he has his health issues, but at that price, it would have been so worth it to keep him. 

You're assuming though that we "nickeled and dimed" him when we don't even know the actual scenario that took place behind closed doors.

I get wanting him here, but why can't we just wish him the best instead of making crap up?

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1