The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I miss that long bomb pass into the corner and a forward would skate onto it. Be good if we figured out a way to get that back in, because of the automatic off side whistle.

I think as long as ilya looks like he'll get there first, they can't blow the whistle? 

Or did something change? 

I used to think it was first person past the hash marks but later found out that it's lines men's discretion in who will get to the puck first... 

• Vintage 1

As Canucks fans we say this every year..

But damn I am feeling so excited about this year. I feel like we can really suprise. My three closest friends are Flames, Oilers, and Pens fans. All three think the Canucks miss the playoffs. I'd love to have them proved wrong.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There was a clip from yesterday where Miller broke in uncontested and took a shot. A few commented regarding this as proof of speed. It wasn't quick at all though so I can see where the confusion comes in.

Miller is an incredibly powerful skater, but often we he uses these speed bursts it's when he's going end to end or trying to beat the D. He doesn't tend to use his winger's as speed when he's playing down the middle. This is why he has primarily found success with more cerebral winger's like Boeser, Pearson, and Garland. He doesn't need burners flanking him, he needs players who can  grind on the boards and shoot the puck.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Maginator said:

As Canucks fans we say this every year..

But damn I am feeling so excited about this year. I feel like we can really suprise. My three closest friends are Flames, Oilers, and Pens fans. All three think the Canucks miss the playoffs. I'd love to have them proved wrong.

You have some crap friends :bigblush:

Lol I kid I kid.... kinda

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Not quite.  7th worst this season .....

20220923_125552.thumb.jpg.02b85639eeed36b046f51647a7f6f6db.jpg

Distance isn't the only factor though.  I haven't looked to find out, but I would be more worried about how many 3 games in 4 nights we have, 7 game road trips, and the delta on how often we get a fresh team on a back to back versus how many times we get to.  Perhaps that's what @VegasCanuck was referring to?

Regarding travel distance... sure helps having Seattle nearby :) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I hear ya, but the reality is that they don't have a starting goalie, they've lost a key player, Stone is hurt to start the season, Nolan Patrick is out for the season, the list goes on. I think Vegas is overrated because of their Cinderella start to their franchise. They missed the playoffs last year and appear to be falling off. But, you never know, maybe their Cinderella story is still hanging around and they go back to being contenders at the top of their division \_(o_O)_/

Their depth is much weaker when compared to their first couple seasons.  Will need all their top players to stay healthy to make their way back to being a top 10 team.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Pearson had 34 points last season. He's not on the first unit power play so most of that was with Miller. I'll support Boudreau all day, but; I think the line

will change later on. Podkolzin looked so good with Miller late in the season. So far as Boeser goes, all depends on his fitness, speed and compete level.

Hope it works out as well as you think this coming year.

I'm with you on this. That's why I stopped posting in the line combinations thread. 

It's all speculation and in in the end, it all comes down to Bruce and coaches. 

Fun? Perhaps, but some get too invested in supporting their own agenda/case. 

Waste of time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1