The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

This. Makes. Things. Interesting.

I really hope Hogs forces his way on this team. I really wonder who he could displace in the top 9 though.

Bottom 6 perhaps.... Dickenson?  Though different positions.  Höglander can bring more skill to the 4th line.  

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Our media is pathetic.

I’m going to add to this….   I’d be happy to see Fabre, Daniel Gee , and a few others band together to form their own “hockey troubadour “ of sorts ..  id be happy to listen to morning podcasts from these guys , and pay for it.

Tired of listening to the Children on 650 am and other regular barbecue/ gaming buddies that waste great “commute time” sports radio.

They should get real jobs instead of being wanna be sports jocks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m going to add to this….   I’d be happy to see Fabre, Daniel Gee , and a few others band together to form their own “hockey troubadour “ of sorts ..  id be happy to listen to morning podcasts from these guys , and pay for it.

Tired of listening to the Children on 650 am and other regular barbecue/ gaming buddies that waste great “commute time” sports radio.

They should get real jobs instead of being wanna be sports jocks.

The morning show is the best part of 650.

Halford and Brough are one of the few media personalities I enjoy listening to

58 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'll let Bruce decide if he's ready away from the puck tho. We aren't really built to have many guys get away with poor defensive play. 

I don't see it as a bad thing, but I can see your point. 

@aGENT

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Boy these Bruce quotes came at a good time for me. :lol::P

I have confidence in Hoggy, he doesn't need to be Mark Stone he just needs to be the honey badger he can be & create offense in a secondary/tertiary role. 

We'll see how it transpires, plenty of options, exciting times. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@aGENT

Boy these Bruce quotes came at a good time for me. :lol::P

I have confidence in Hoggy, he doesn't need to be Mark Stone he just needs to be the honey badger he can be & create offense in a secondary/tertiary role. 

We'll see how it transpires, plenty of options, exciting times. 

Hey, I'd happily see him make the team (though I don't see him on the 4th line) And if he's not on the 4th...who is....?

Last year he REALLY looked like he needed some more development though. If he has a camp that says otherwise, great. But then we better start moving a winger for a D :lol:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hey, I'd happily see him make the team (though I don't see him on the 4th line) And if he's not on the 4th...who is....?

Last year he REALLY looked like he needed some more development though. If he has a camp that says otherwise, great. But then we better start moving a winger for a D :lol:

We also need to see what happens against other teams.  Doing well in a scrimmage is fine and dandy, but I don't think alot of players go "all out" against their own teammates in a scrimmage.  Hope he keeps it up though, and makes it real hard for management to decide who goes in/out.  Maybe Joshua gets beat out?  I haven't really heard his name stick out during training camp so far.

• Cheers 1