The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Riley Stillman | #61 | D

-AJ-

Stillman should be waived so he can spend time in Abby.  Playing at the slower speed in the AHL would make

is easier to work on his game.

Myers needs to have a defensive savvy player as a partner.  Burroughs is a good fit for him. 

I like Bear with OEL.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Stillman should be waived so he can spend time in Abby.  Playing at the slower speed in the AHL would make

is easier to work on his game.

Myers needs to have a defensive savvy player as a partner.  Burroughs is a good fit for him. 

I like Bear with OEL.

Agree with this. I think he could pass through waivers given his level of play recently. Looks terrible if he's claimed and no doubt, many fans would use the sunk cost fallacy to condemn the move, but the reality is, we have better options than Stillman in Burroughs for sure, and maybe even Rathbone.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

This trade was a fail. Should have been a trade for a higher quality vet dman. We don't have the luxury of developing this guy. We needed a pay and go player, a player right out of the box.

If management is transparent on anything,  they'd be honest and jump on this grenade.

Total waste of a 2nd round pick.

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This trade was a fail. Should have been a trade for a higher quality vet dman. We don't have the luxury of developing this guy. We needed a pay and go player, a player right out of the box.

If management is transparent on anything,  they'd be honest and jump on this grenade.

Total waste of a 2nd round pick.

I don't disagree with this.

But I don't believe we could have gotten a 'high quality veteran defenceman' for just a 2nd alone, not to mention we probably wouldn't be able to afford the cap-hit that would've come with that type of player. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't disagree with this.

But I don't believe we could have gotten a 'high quality veteran defenceman' for just a 2nd alone, not to mention we probably wouldn't be able to afford the cap-hit that would've come with that type of player. 

Using the 2nd with another player like OEL or Hogs, or a package of some sort would have gotten us more.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Using the 2nd with another player like OEL or Hogs, or a package of some sort would have gotten us more.

Maybe, except OEL has NMC. 

But yeah, if management could trade OEL without adding a deal-breaking-sweetener, that should definitely be explored. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Stillman had a decent 1st half. Made a couple of solid hits. He struggles with net front pressure. Loses body position. Both he and Meyers were chasing puck carriers inside the d-zone as far out as the blue line. They have to be coached to do that. I am assuming the forward is supposed to back them up. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

OEL will be next to impossible to move? Remember 3 years ago he would only except trade to Boston or Vancouver?

Knowing that coyotes have a player they want to move in OEL, Benning should of been in demand of this trade?

We sent 3 players with expiring contracts in 1 season? 

Vancouver send 1st rounder -- second rounder in deal ?

Take back OEL X 7 yrs at 7.5 million - Coyotes retain 1 million small amount  to get deal done... add Garland 

Vancouver lost this deal in a bad way! No way should Canucks should of had to add first and second round picks..

We trade 3 bad salaries 9 million expire in 1 year ?  OEL 7 yrs X 7.5  ridiculous????? They add Garland

We add 1st rounder and 2nd rounder... 

We take OEL  30 bad salary 8.2 reduced to 7.2 million X 7 yrs...Still doesn't make sense to me? 

• There it is 1

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought Stillman had a decent 1st half. Made a couple of solid hits. He struggles with net front pressure. Loses body position. Both he and Meyers were chasing puck carriers inside the d-zone as far out as the blue line. They have to be coached to do that. I am assuming the forward is supposed to back them up. 

A number of years back the Canucks D played man on man which meant they followed their man where ever, pretty succefull to

• Upvote 1