The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Noah Juulsen, reassign Sheldon Dries to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Don't expect too much from Juulsen cuase he will earn, his bus ride back.  

He won't be on a bus back.. Juulson played fine in his 9 games last year..

Plays a very defensive game and had lots of injuries hampering the start of his pro career...

Good to have negative posters like you..Least your in a small percentage and we laugh..

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Plays a very defensive game and had lots of injuries hampering the start of his pro career...

Good to have negative posters like you..Least your in a small percentage and we laugh..

Yeah, he looked pretty decent even though he was set up to fail by being paired with Hunt.  I like what he brings as a callup; he's not flashy but he makes good choices and can be trusted in his own zone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I missed the last game - what happened to Poolie? 

Nothing really, he just never come back after the period ended. There was a play at the end of the period that he looked a bit awkward, looked like ankle possibly, then just never returned to the game. One of the news reporters said he was walking with a bit of a limp out of the dressing room…all just guesses right now. Really hope we haven’t lost another player to concussions.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

The Canucks have to be cursed to have this many regulars injured so often. Doesn't help that our depth is that of a puddle in the Sahara...

I think most of the teams would have a tough time losing their #3, 4, and 5 d-men...  however even when they're back, we could sure use another #3 d-man to slide in between Myers and OEL in terms of quality.  

27 year old Burroughs 

25 year old Juulsen 

Both will be getting a real shot now, let's see if one of them can ascend.  Burroughs is sure making a case for himself and might have a permanent spot if Poolman is out for the year. 

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

The Canucks D core, is badly in need of a RHD that will allow the Canucks, to move Myers down from the top pair; and Juulsen can fill that hole based on his physical attributes - but he hasn't, for whatever reason(s) ?  All the points you had stated are just excuses cause what he is going through, is nothing new - either he will be the next OJ or at the very least, a Burroughs' type with size.  I like Burroughs cause he has heart and he is supplementing what he lacks, in physical attributes with his off ice preparations cause it shows he is trying to make every minute he gets count.  

The labeling & shaming from posters like yourself, is childish and tiresome.  Whatever, happened to just making a point ? 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Has Poolman got concussion issues?  I thought it was migraine headaches

Migraines can be a long term result of concussions.

I had a pretty bad concussion when I was 14… I began experiencing migraine’s and it took til I was 25 for them to go away. Now I just get the “aura” before my migraine would start. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Migraines can be a long term result of concussions.

I had a pretty bad concussion when I was 14… I began experiencing migraine’s and it took til I was 25 for them to go away. Now I just get the “aura” before my migraine would start. 

I didn't know that head aches from concussions can be migraines.  The term migraine refers to the type of headache or the symptoms.  That is that it occurs in a specific part of the head, typically one side and is usually a throbbing pain and is also quite severe.  So headaches from concussions can be migraines or just general headaches.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-tucker-poolman-thrown-another-curve-by-migraines 

This article by Ben Kuzma from last April talks about Poolman's migraine headaches.  Apparently, they don't know the cause, whether they're from a concussion or hereditary.  Poolman has had a concussion but they don't know for sure whether that is the cause of his migraine.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I didn't know that head aches from concussions can be migraines.  The term migraine refers to the type of headache or the symptoms.  That is that it occurs in a specific part of the head, typically one side and is usually a throbbing pain and is also quite severe.  So headaches from concussions can be migraines or just general headaches.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-tucker-poolman-thrown-another-curve-by-migraines 

This article by Ben Kuzma from last April talks about Poolman's migraine headaches.  Apparently, they don't know the cause, whether they're from a concussion or hereditary.  Poolman has had a concussion but they don't know for sure whether that is the cause of his migraine.

Its the worst f***ing pain imaginable. Migraines are no joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm still Hopping on the Limp Train; or hoping it is a lower body injury if you prefer.

Poolman was really rounding into form on our weakest position.

When he went down it really showed how much we miss Tyler Freaking Myers - the G-Monster.

And Myers would have been all over Kane if he had been paired with Q.

And all over Nursemaid for nailing Burroughs while he was already pinned to the boards.

(Although I guess he and Burroughs wouldn't have been on the ice at the same time; there's always next shift though..)

IMO, Aqua and JR have to call in some off-ice favours and get somebody to take some cap and give a good NHL RD.

(I'm pondering a Garland + Miller for this good NHL RD.)(Now, who owes them a favour or 2?)

36 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm still Hopping on the Limp Train; or hoping it is a lower body injury if you prefer.

Poolman was really rounding into form on our weakest position.

When he went down it really showed how much we miss Tyler Freaking Myers - the G-Monster.

And Myers would have been all over Kane if he had been paired with Q.

And all over Nursemaid for nailing Burroughs while he was already pinned to the boards.

(Although I guess he and Burroughs wouldn't have been on the ice at the same time; there's always next shift though..)

IMO, Aqua and JR have to call in some off-ice favours and get somebody to take some cap and give a good NHL RD.

(I'm pondering a Garland + Miller for this good NHL RD.)(Now, who owes them a favour or 2?)

Poolman rounding into form?  Hes been a tirefire since day 1.  Like chatfield and rathbone but bigger. 

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, he looked pretty decent even though he was set up to fail by being paired with Hunt.  I like what he brings as a callup; he's not flashy but he makes good choices and can be trusted in his own zone.

Along with being a righty, he's also a big body back there. 
He's listed at only 200lbs.... while looking like he's on a Mark McGwire diet?
If Noah's only 200 lbs, then Peety's 235. :lol: