The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

They have to be embarrassed by now. This is pathetic.

You’d think so. They’ll say how they’re embarrassed & it was unacceptable blah blah blah. I’m long past remotely giving a damn what they have to say. It’ll be the same effort the next game & the one after it

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This cannot be tolerated any longer. I am just speechless how the players have allowed things to be this bad, 3 games into the season. 

This is on the players, and I dont have patience anymore to see this through with the same core of players. 

They do need a shakeup,but we've seen what they can do when motivated. Gotta make them afraid of the trade!!

Burroughs had a decent game, but can't play him more then 10-12 minutes a game, same goes for Schenn, there playing way too many minutes

We don't have a pair of defenders to close out games when it matters the most !

OEL is by far the best defender on the team, 

Hughes - All Offense zero defense

Schenn

Burroughs

- Bottom pairing, depth players, we can't play them more then 3rd pair minutes

Stillman - been 3 games and I haven't noticed him, which is a good thing

Juulsen - solid game, still another bottom pairing depth player, that can skate and has size

The defense is atrocious !

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

To be fair we've been playing some ahl defensemen due to injuries

Actually for the most part our defensemen have been decent, not great but not horrid.  PP goals against, SH goals against and a shit PP have sunk this team.  Also team defense, you could put a prime Nicklas Lidstrom out there and we'd give up grade A chance after grade A chance.  Demko masked a lot of that last year but even he's human and cant make godly saves everytime.

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

Parent to child: Honey, who would you like to invite to your birthday party?

Child: The Canucks.

Parent: The Canucks?! Why?

Child: They can help me blow out the candles on my cake. They're great at blowing (leads).

only half of them would show up....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

To be fair we've been playing some ahl defensemen due to injuries

This team was historically healthy last year, we as canuck fans know all about injuries but it seems no one in the organization got the memo so when this team starts getting injured like years before this weak roster gets exposed tenfold.

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

The lack of nhl caliber defence on this team is finally catching up to them. We did absolutely nothing to address it and keep pointing to we were one of the best 5v5 team defensively last year lol. Nah it was Demko. Outside of OEL and borderline Hughes schenn we have no defenseman defence that is nhl standard currently in the lineup. 

How about the forwards with no killer instinct? And their inability to generate any kind of offense when needed the most?

Not that this version of the Canucks is going to make some noise in the season, but to get out of the gate 0-3 is not something I expected.