The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Garland really works hard, not a lot of other really grit types. 

They'd benefit from an ohlund type, no nonsense d man who can shot when needed. Hughes has talent but he backs off too much on the defensive end. Need more grit on the forecheck, there were glimpses but the caps are really slow and a bad measuring stick. I think its not too early to move some skilled guys for grit.

Defensive depth is more important than winger depth. We have an AHL defensive core, even with Myers in.

Depth in my opinion:

1C > Defensive Depth > Centre Depth > Winger Depth

• Like 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

And puts up half or less the amount of points Pearson does. Pearson is FAR from our issues here. 

He isn't a solution either

You cannot compare  a 4th liner that makes 1.0M

To Pearson that makes 3.25, his salary can get you a better return on your investment

10 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

We can’t keep saying it’s the defensive coach or the PP coach, fire this guy or that guy, it’s the damn players. They aren’t performing or just flat out aren’t good enough to win hockey games at this level

We can because they just changed them from when we got better last season,  and instead of keeping shaw on the bench they went with yeo

It's been 53 years of getting shafted. Maybe the league does us right for once and gives us Bedard.

But no, he'll end up in Edmonton somehow so they can keep collecting first overalls and have Connor² while their fans still find a way to complain about being hard done by. 

9 minutes ago, sedin26 said:

This is it for me. I will not be back here, ever. 

I will never again watch or listen to the game of hockey, or be involved in it in any way. 

Goodbye Forever!!!

Hey, I've seen you post this 17 times already lol 

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

I love Bruce, but it’s inexcusable to play Borroughs 24 mins a game. He is not THAT Dman….should be playing half that at best.

That blue line is predictably a problem. Everyone including the opposition saw this coming. Stillman, Juulsen, and Borroughs all playing at the same time is scary. You could trick someone into thinking that’s our AHL defense.

This management group makes me miss Gillis.

Guy got things done and didn’t make excuses. Acquired players like Ehrhoff for nothing.

This management group pays 2nd round picks for #8 D-men.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 2

36 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

can we maybe relax and see how this team does when we aren't missing 3 of our 6 defensemen, including the two RD that are supposed to be our "best"?

Let me see... Can we tell all the western conference teams to stop winning while we wait for our team to get healthy? No? Then I suppose  being down 0-3 to start the season is a legit reason to be concerned 

7 minutes ago, klw604 said:

Lazar at 1M can backcheck, Aman at  0.885......

Pearson was skating faster then usual tonight, but you don't pay a guy 3.25 to just back check..... He doesn't drive play at all, Motte at 1.35 does more at almost a third of the price

2 best players

Just now, Petey Castiglione said:

Can't win when Juulsen and Stillman get 10:49 and 15:34 of ice time.  I get you're trying to shelter them but the Caps are also playing shorthanded.  Playing Hughes 25+ min a night is a plan that's going to get him hurt and he's played that all 3 games.

They're going to have to trust these guys and let them sink or swim.

I actually thought that Juulsen was good and threw some nice hits.  He had one rough sequence in the third period where he fired off two failed passes/clearances.