The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

As a message to the players. Be accountable, or your well-liked teammate suffers for it. 
he doesn’t deserve the benching but he gets it because they’re failing their assignments. 

I would actually bench JTM next game. 
not just sit him a few shifts. Press box him. 

I would too.  You don't want to create a culture like in Toronto and Edmonton where backchecking is completely optional.  Holding the stars accountable sends the right message.

• Cheers 3

Yeah, I think we have need to have four lines that go out there and play the same way. They get pucks deep. They forecheck really hard. It wears teams down.

It has not been like this the whole season. It’s new for us. I think when we’re at our best, we usually don’t have a lot of success in the third period.

- Inverse quote of Daniel Sedin after game 2 in 2011

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes. Somehow Joshua stayed in.

Bruce is off his F%x+ING meds with some of these lineup decisions. Wowwww I thought he was injured.

What an absolutely moronic decision to bench one of the few players busting their ass every game this season thus far. Makes zero sense. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Would like to see Rathbone in for Stillman next game. a better partner for Schenn to have a puck mover working on the 3rd pairing.

and bring Garland back ffs!

We're already getting torched in our own zone.  Stillman has been fine.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Bruce is off his F%x+ING meds with some of these lineup decisions. Wowwww I thought he was injured.

What an absolutely moronic decision to bench one of the few players busting their ass every game this season thus far. Makes zero sense. 

For all we know Garland missed a curfew or something and it's being kept behind closed doors.  It's not the same as with Green; Bruce is an actual NHL coach and has earned some benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Would like to see Rathbone in for Stillman next game. a better partner for Schenn to have a puck mover working on the 3rd pairing.

and bring Garland back ffs!

Heck no to Rathbone.   He cant defend to save his life.  His game isnt what is going to help this team. 

• Like 2