The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

36 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

First 3 lines are nice but we're missing the Motto line..

Don't get why they didn't qualify Highmore and Lammiko around league minimum..

Motte - Lammiko - Highmore or even Highmore - Lammiko - Lazar would be a nice

4th line that can pk and take on some tough minutes.. Aman could've stayed 1 more

year in the AHL, and Joshua is useless so far (and per cap friendly weighs less than 

Highmore 188 or Motte 192 as he's listed at 183..)

Almost sure having a 4th line like that would have won us at least 2/4 so far..

We either need a 4th line that can take over some shutdown minutes or a 3rd line

shutdown centre (something like Sutter or Bonino in their prime)

I was wondering how these guys made the line up? I didn't see anything in preseason or in the first few games so far that would say they have what it takes? Right now the only thing they are doing is giving the other 3 lines a bit of a breather and that's it.

If they can't do anything their big bodies should at least be able to hit someone. Just saying.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just checked tickets for the home opener online and there tons of tickets, some as low as even $104 on Stub-Hub in the lower bowl!!!!     Never seen so many season opener tickets (on a Saturday night! too) for sale.   Whats going on????    

People are tight for cash big time.
Why risk getting what left you have of your hope (and money), crushed in a home loss? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I was wondering how these guys made the line up? I didn't see anything in preseason or in the first few games so far that would say they have what it takes? Right now the only thing they are doing is giving the other 3 lines a bit of a breather and that's it.

If they can't do anything their big bodies should at least be able to hit someone. Just saying.

Aman is going to be a very good player. He already has pretty solid defensive instincts. 
He reminds me a lot of a young Trevor Linden. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

BB with more mind boggling lineup decisions.  Hogz Petey Podz was, by far, the best line for Van against CBJ.

Podkolzin is a better fit for that line.  Him and Kuzy will be great together.  Podkolzin has a great shot and one timer.  Unfortunately, Hoglander does not possess the talent that Podkolzin has.  Hoglander would be a great fit on the 3rd line with his hustle and defensive play.  So if we are making some trades I could see him in the top 9 permanently at some point.

9 minutes ago, tas said:

because aggression and physicality are more traits of team culture and mindset than they are of individual players. not many guys in the league that are willing to run around hitting guys, putting their body on the line, when they don't see any of their teammates doing the same thing. 

We all get that. But why Joshua? He has ten hits in 4 games playing on the 4th line. The bulk of those coming from one game lol. He had 0 hits last game. 

Edited by MikeyD

4 minutes ago, tas said:

because aggression and physicality are more traits of team culture and mindset than they are of individual players. not many guys in the league that are willing to run around hitting guys, putting their body on the line, when they don't see any of their teammates doing the same thing. 

So true, look how long it took to get retribution on Keith's hit on Daniel. Daniel was retired by then that's how long it took. I don't think Myers has played like that since, by the way.

5 minutes ago, tas said:

Agreed. It all comes down to the chemistry of the team.  If youve built that bond, your teammates will run through a wall for you.  Ie loved what i saw from burroughs and stillman calling eachother brothers now.  Need more stillmans

16 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Kuz is better than Hogz; no boggling here imo.

it's not about who is better, it's about who plays best with whom and that configuration was excellent last year and picked right up last game.  Breaking them up makes zero sense.  My guess is that Miller is kryptonite right now and they want to get get Kuz away from him

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Got a feeling they may move on from Kuzmenko, actually. I wonder if he's part of the problem in the room. Just a hunch. 

Not a chance. We see he brings positivity even as fans watching from home. I don't believe one bit he's the problem. We've had problems way before Kuzmenko arrived. Besides he's a rookie. It's not like he's going to overstep his boundaries with vets in the room.

IMO the problem is the cliqueness. As an outsider I can see the cliqueness. It's always the same guys coming into the rink together at the same time. Not usually a different mix of players.

They need to start treating eachother as brothers going to war as opposed to coworkers collecting a paycheck who give eachother head nods at the water cooler. There's a lack of compete in the team and it all stems from the leaders.

I think Miller is probably the elephant in the room that everyone has a hard time with. And Bo is just so fricken soft spoken. He could still wear the 'C' but we need more players willing to step up and speak their mind. We just need more leaders. We're one of the youngest teams in the league. We need people who have been there done that and who will go to f***ing battle beside eachother.

No one holds the other team accountable when a big hit occurs on the ice. It's hockey FFS. It's supposed to be a rough sport. We need to start playing with some heart or this season is headed straight for the p!$$er. Really not interested in another season of barely missing the playoffs. We have the skill but it's time to battle for eachother. Skill single handedly won't win us games.

Edited by Maginator
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1