The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

A 5th isn't much, I'm not going to pretend it is, but I question why we'd give up a 5th for a stopgap when we could have plucked one off waivers over the last few days. Not keen on his 2.2M qualifying offer.

A 2nd to dump Dickinson, a 5th for a guy who we'll probably let walk if his play doesn't seem worth 2.2M. I don't think it's fair to jump on folks who aren't keen on our giving up the 5th, picks add up and our last management group liked to hand picks out too. 

I think they view him as having more potential than a stop gap. I hope they give him some time with OEL and lets see how he performs with a veteran partner.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, PuckFather said:

Oh I see, you are used to throwing stuff around without any basis.

What?  I'm saying whatever benefit he could bring to this team was not worth trading for.  He got beat out by Jalen Chatfield - the same guy who couldn't win a spot on our terrible defence group.  Put that into perspective for a moment.

So, yeah, what do I care if another team claimed him ahead of us?  I don't, so it matters not.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

But... but... 5th round picks are worth a lot!  Look at the list of 5th round picks!

Alex Mogilny

Sergei Zubov

Ray Ferraro

Fedor Gordeev

Gregg Stuch

Jesse Black

Linden Rowat

So you can name two players who had good NHL careers out of how many years. Got it. 

Meh

Its like when my kid's room is a mess and she comes out and tells me "I picked up a pair of socks from the floor". Yeah ok, its still a mess.

I guess there is a chance that Studnicka and or Bear turn it around and these become home run deals - they are young enough.

Also, im glad it wasnt hogs going the other way.

• Cheers 3