The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

5 hours ago, AV. said:

They got a productive player, yes.  Nothing beyond that.

The name of the game for 32 teams is to win the Stanley Cup, however.  The team who accomplishes that is the sole winner when it's all said and done.

Big facts

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Guess what these players all have in common?

Bill McFadden    Brett MacDonald    Matt Cockell    Prabh Rai    Carson Focht
Mike McNiven    Robert Kron    David Darguzas    Peter Andersson    Jacob Truscott
Larry Bolonchuk    Eric Murano    Rick Bertran    Adam Polasek    Jonathan Myrenberg
Paul O'Neil    Sean Fabian    David Jonsson    Frankie Corrado    Aku Koskenvuo
Mike Rogers    Gino Odjick    Ryan Thorpe    Ben Hutton    Ty Young
Doug Murray    Dan Kesa      Pavel Duma    Anton Cederholm    
Rick Durston    Brian Loney    Kevin Bieksa    Gustav Forsling    
Steve Hazlett    Adrian Aucoin    Rob McVicar    Adam Gaudette    
Dirk Graham    Scott Walker    Nicklas Danielsson    Carl Neill    
Darrell May    Yanick Dube    Mike Brown    Cole Candella    
Moe Lemay    Todd Norman    Matt Butcher    Kris Gunnarsson    
Doug Quinn    Tyler Prosofsky    Charles-Antoine Messier    Toni Utunen    

Now list all the 5th rounders that never made an impact at all.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

The 2011 was a better team. Less romantic than the 94 team though. How many Presidents trophies could that 94 team win? 

They were a goal away from a tie game,two from winning it all.Linden had two broken ribs yet scored two goals.Vlosest means better.Regular season means zip come playoffs every season.Beong a captain and leader Linden never wanted to be traded but in tears said he knew the team would be better and accepted it.Did the twins? No but was their choice not to be traded.That is why Linden will always be the best leader in team history so far.Say Linden wad never traded had a contract like the twins.At the end of his career if asked to be moved he would have said YES trade me make the team better.

3 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

There had to be a personal reason between management and bear in Carolina. No way is Chatflied a better player than Bear. There is not one attribute that Chatfield has over Bear. 

Chatfield is solid defensively, makes a strong first pass and plays a strong north south game. Carolina whole game is dump n pump style that grinds opponents down. Chatfield is the perfect example of a player thriving with a certain team structure and identity. Chatfield is simply a better fit for 3rd pairing minutes on that team.

3 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

Probably because they are mostly fat, uneducated, white bigot NASCAR lovin folks. 

Just because someone is Black or First Nations doesn't mean every single situation around them is race orientated..

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

My main issue with Alberta goes well outside the scope of this forum.  Suffice to say, recent events have solidified my belief in how much of a cesspool that province is.  Their fanbase is almost as classless as the gutless cowards they cheer for.  Happy Nurse got the hell out of that dump.

Please explain how Alberta is such a cesspool? 

13 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

They were a goal away from a tie game,two from winning it all.Linden had two broken ribs yet scored two goals.Vlosest means better.Regular season means zip come playoffs every season.Beong a captain and leader Linden never wanted to be traded but in tears said he knew the team would be better and accepted it.Did the twins? No but was their choice not to be traded.That is why Linden will always be the best leader in team history so far.Say Linden wad never traded had a contract like the twins.At the end of his career if asked to be moved he would have said YES trade me make the team better.

Your typing is atrocious.

Anyways, I agree with the other poster and so would every hockey analyst. The 2011 team was the best team ever assembled in Canuck history. 

I can’t even understand half of your comments. Best you post while sober :)

4 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

There had to be a personal reason between management and bear in Carolina. No way is Chatflied a better player than Bear. There is not one attribute that Chatfield has over Bear. 

Elliotte Friedman said in his 32 thoughts 2 days ago...

"After mentioning it last weekend, a couple of sources indicated there was a trade request last summer. "

The hurricanes knew that Bear didn't want to play for them so they decided not to play him. They probably should have just walked away from him this summer but they thought he had good value so they signed him. Obviously the market wasn't there so they finally cut bait at a rock bottom low price.

31 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Chatfield is solid defensively, makes a strong first pass and plays a strong north south game. Carolina whole game is dump n pump style that grinds opponents down. Chatfield is the perfect example of a player thriving with a certain team structure and identity. Chatfield is simply a better fit for 3rd pairing minutes on that team.

Just because someone is Black or First Nations doesn't mean every single situation around them is race orientated..

Sorry everyone, was on a replying tyrant today and got carried away with that one. With what was said today about the Oilers fans re: Bear, and Carolina (state) not teams history, the fingers typing were faster than the brain.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Anyways, I agree with the other poster and so would every hockey analyst. The 2011 team was the best team ever assembled in Canuck history. 

Well anyone who watched both teams would say the 94 teams beyond a shadow of doubt was the best ever Canuck team for reasons I have stated and are fact.Best line,best player,best goaltender and so on.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Well if you can't read it then why reply at all? Two spelling mistakes as I hate typing on phones.I re read and can say it made sense.

I can't understand why you can't.

Maybe facts confuse you or something?

Anyways if you do not get it I understand.

If you think the 2011 team was better then please go watch every game in both series and tell me again which team was better.

It is your opinion and I can't argue,but my opinion is mine and thousands of others.

Go back and read as many agree with me and I am sure many will with you.

At least state the reasons why using only the playoffs not regular season states.

BTW best goal scorer in the playoffs by a Canuck also came from that run by Bure.

• Like 1

There shouldn't be any debate on this.  This was a shrewd move.  Not good for the tank but if there's no tank, moves like this could get us in the playoffs.  

A 5th rounder is not a biggie at all.  Yes there have been some key players drafted then, but have a peek through the years with the 5th round and look at the odds of landing a good one.