Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Martin has earned 3 out of a possible 4 points for the Canucks so far

Demko has only earned 3 out of a possible 16 points

Therefore, Demko sucks this year. 

That's the thing about last season. People here we're so confident the success once Bodreau took over would carry over but ost of those wins were mostly attributed to Demko's play.

My doubts going to this year is if Demko can repeat the same level of performance. Which is a big ask for any goalie since their season to season performance tends to fluctuate. 

At this point I would say Demko needs to get some time off and a chance to heal mentally.

The way the defense is playing and the fact Demko probably isn't 100% means he is getting bombed.

Martin is playing well and seems resilient... let him take the heat for a while.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Credit to Bruce, win or lose he's always a straight shooter and doesn't dodge anything

I respect the hell outta him for that, Green would be complimenting the Devil's team by saying "they've got a good team over there" 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

If this management doesn't start selling players I'm not paying attention to the rest of this season. This is THE year to tank.

Trade Bo while his value is at its highest. 

We were also primed to tank in 2014 for Mcdavid. We could have fire saled it. 

Imagine 7 seasons from now, looking back at today , still wishing we tanked , as Bedard leads a team to the playoffs. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

How many times do we have to talk about the lack of consistency with this group. They are what they are. A poorly put together hockey club. This is the result until they change course. Personalities make a big difference too. We need more players who don't accept losing.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

actually team tank is kinda genius this year

because there are 3 generational talents who would all go 1st overall in any other year

this may in fact be the only year in which tanking makes total sense

I absolutely hate the idea of tanking but if there’s a year where our wheels fall off and we have to sell and reshuffle the deck… this is the one. Still way too early but it’s nice to daydream about after games like this one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I definitely see Horvat wanting to move on from this situation. 

Signing miller to forever was a slap to Bo’s face. loyal  consistently reliable  THE CAPTAIN.!!!!  L. Erickkson  all over again. :picard:

Edited by chon derry

3 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

So where are we going to find these defenseman you speak of? Pretty sure Av and Ruth would gladly accept quality dmen, but its not like you can just go out and get them. NHL teams that have those, are quite content and would take more than there worth to acquire them. 

Its the same as acquiring a good forward... you have to pay.

Rutherford and Alvin were willing to pay for Mikheyev, but they weren't willing to pay for a D.

There are lots of options and alternatives out there... but management needs to be willing to work on the problem.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I absolutely hate the idea of tanking but if there’s a year where our wheels fall off and we have to sell and reshuffle the deck… this is the one. Still way too early but it’s nice to daydream about after games like this one.

i like that analogy - reshuffling the deck

i think that says it best.

we need a set of new cards. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Jim Rutherfords team 

Yep, he certainly wears it after doubling down on essentially the same team that has failed us for years.    Instead of fixing the back end he signs JTM and BB instead of trading them!  He's looking like JB 2.0 all over again.

OMG - will this ever end?

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Look what he started with he’s a pile of crap fix 8 years of stupid with no prospects no cap and no assets we can afford to lose.

Don’t get me wrong I was disappointed when we came to this season with basically the same crap  pile Jb try to sell for years 

but until boeser  miller pearson Myers OEL and others are gone this club is in trouble and it’s Jb team. 
let’s put it this way if this team was winning Benning fan boys would be calling this JB team. But it’s not so…….

JR came into town like a white knight riding his high horse.  Lots of talk but at the end of the day very little progress for this team.  This team actually looks worse now than when JR took over.  Which is really unbelievable. 

I agree JR has had to deal with inheriting bad contracts, no prospects, retirement contracts, etc.  But in my opinion he has only made things worse not better.  Trading away draft picks, adding more retirement contracts, trading away more prospects.  He is literally doubling down on what JB did for 8 years because he has a mandate to retool on the fly and not do a proper rebuild.

Like I already said, JR will walk away into retirement when his contract is up and he will leave the next person holding the bag.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

At this point I would say Demko needs to get some time off and a chance to heal mentally.

The way the defense is playing and the fact Demko probably isn't 100% means he is getting bombed.

Martin is playing well and seems resilient... let him take the heat for a while.

Yeah groom Martin then tradechim st deadline for a couple of first rounds...just like schiderman and luongo... trade one or both then take put silov in net..