The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Bedard's goal in OT tonight was pretty clear evidence that he is a special player.  Who is from here.  Who wants to play here.

After 50 years cheering for the Canucks can we just do what it takes to draft Bedard.  Finish low and trade away our pick plus whoever it takes.

The kid would give us a hometown, wants to be here, bleeds blue and green , generational talent. 

The best we could possibly do is finish last for a 25% chance. No one is trading the first once they get it and certainly not for what we have to offer.

• Tanks a lot 1

33 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sell Horvat, sell Miller. Embrace a rebuild and build around youth. 

Agree on your point and sell Boeser and Myers..get rid some of the dead weight and bring some of the younger players up from the farm team. It's not like we will be making the playoffs this year anyways!!! I know we have been always unlucky with the draft lottery but this year it could be us if we finish bottom 4. 

• Cheers 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

11 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

The best we could possibly do is finish last for a 25% chance. No one is trading the first once they get it and certainly not for what we have to offer.

Ya it was impossible for Burke to wheel and deal and draft both Sedins.  Impossible.

• Tanks a lot 1

32 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya it was impossible for Burke to wheel and deal and draft both Sedins.  Impossible.

Pretty much. The Sedins were no where close to Bedard. Sorry we could trade our whole team and it probably wouldn't be enough. 

Petey

Miller

Demko

Hughes

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Lekkerimaki

D-Petey

2023 First

2023 Second

2024 First

2024 3rd

2025 First

2025 Second

Bedard

I still wouldn't take that and I doubt anyone else would either.

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but this is apples and Oranges.

The 1999 draft was a perceived weak draft at the time.

Connor Bedard is a generational talent. It will be impossible to trade up to a top 3 spot this year without trading a Hughes or a pettersson.

Are you willing to do that? 

Yes, it is impossible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, Gawdzukes said:

Even at last.  It’s not a 25% chance. It’s 18.5%.  But I seriously doubt Vancouver can finish last in a year where Chicago has been actively tanking since day one 

• Tanks a lot 1

On 12/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, DefCon1 said:

Only thing you can be realistic a out is bottom 5 finish but getting Bedard is about luck. What are the other players available? 

It's impossible to tank if they keep playing .450~.550 hockey.

in order to tank in this season:

1.  Demko comes back immediately, be the starting goalie, and continues to struggle until April .

2.  Trade Horvat and Kuzmenko asap (trading them on March won't cut it)

• Tanks a lot 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, aGENT said:

That anyone even thinks we should still be even aiming for the playoffs, with this roster...? I mean WHY? 

We beat some of the best teams in the league last year with a lesser roster, and have done it a few times this season BUT selling everyone? That's just stupid..  pull off a cpl of roster upgrades, sign some character players with snarl SIZE speed and decent skill, keep drafting D first and foremost. 

And NOT expect miracles in the process... LIKE NOW! 

The way this team was locked in contractually wise from 2012 onward and saddled with Luongo's recapture was doom until they all dropped off one by one... 

I'm amazed that we're not dead last with no hope of parole, let alone anywhere near trying to get in the post season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

We beat some of the best teams in the league last year with a lesser roster, and have done it a few times this season BUT selling everyone? That's just stupid..  pull off a cpl of roster upgrades, sign some character players with snarl SIZE speed and decent skill, keep drafting D first and foremost. 

And NOT expect miracles in the process... LIKE NOW! 

The way this team was locked in contractually wise from 2012 onward and saddled with Luongo's recapture was doom until they all dropped off one by one... 

I'm amazed that we're not dead last with no hope of parole, let alone anywhere near trying to get in the post season. 

I said nothing in my post about selling everyone.

• Vintage 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

I said nothing in my post about selling everyone.

no, no no to selling the team to Portland.

Where do you come up with this stuff?:picard:

Or am I just reading in stuff you didn't say?:unsure:       roflmao

• Haha 3
  • Tanks a lot 1

On 1/3/2023 at 10:49 AM, Gawdzukes said:

Pretty much. The Sedins were no where close to Bedard. Sorry we could trade our whole team and it probably wouldn't be enough. 

Petey

Miller

Demko

Hughes

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Lekkerimaki

D-Petey

2023 First

2023 Second

2024 First

2024 3rd

2025 First

2025 Second

Bedard

I still wouldn't take that and I doubt anyone else would either.

Lol if I had Bedard, I would trade him for Petey, Hughes, podz and 2 firsts. 

You're being a little extreme here

In all seriousness though, it would probably take a package like that or Petey Hughes and a first

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Tanks a lot 1