The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Yes but they want to win now so would take that chance.

Furthermore is Bostom does not have Burgeron and Krichi?, etc, they will be in rebuild, as that is the pieces that are making them win.................

Again............if they are there......they won't be able to afford him

If they are gone, Boston is in rebuild

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

A bird in the hand is worth more than a bird in the bush

Its a big risk..............IMO, I don't think the agent gives him that advise

No he wouldn't ever.I am saying he should to get a ring. 

I mean these are boards to share our options and me I think more should do this when younger and not wait.

Just now, cripplereh said:

No he wouldn't ever.I am saying he should to get a ring. 

I mean these are boards to share our options and me I think more should do this when younger and not wait.

I am good with your opinion.........It is what you believe............absolutely no problem

I just don't agree with it................trading teams always have the advantage, whether they use it is the question

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Furthermore is Bostom does not have Burgeron and Krichi?, etc, they will be in rebuild, as that is the pieces that are making them win.................

Again............if they are there......they won't be able to afford him

If they are gone, Boston is in rebuild

They want to keep Pasternak so No going there and extra few mill could help them get another ufa C to make them competitive.  

Probably won't happen but can

Just now, cripplereh said:

They want to keep Pasternak so No going there and extra few mill could help them get another ufa C to make them competitive.  

Probably won't happen but can

Absolutely could.........but I do not think so.............but it is a good point

Hey...........like what if Columbus is not even interested? LOL...............

Then its, Ana, Ariz, Buff, Bost...........or ewwwww Toronto! LOL at a big discount!

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Absolutely could.........but I do not think so.............but it is a good point

Hey...........like what if Columbus is not even interested? LOL...............

Then its, Ana, Ariz, Buff, Bost...........or ewwwww Toronto! LOL at a big discount!

Well the way our management is going big discounts on all might also happen lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Doogie said:

I doubt it’s Horvat, I’m thinking Miller. Isn’t Miller from Columbus ? 

He's from some small town near Pittsburgh, but is in Ohio. So to answer your question, kind of? I don't think he has a huge emotional attachment to Ohio because he was born in a small town of like 3000 people in the state. Then again, Gaudreau signed there and he's from Jersey. So maybe Columbus is a secret hotbed for the yankee folk.

16 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He's from some small town near Pittsburgh, but is in Ohio. So to answer your question, kind of? I don't think he has a huge emotional attachment to Ohio because he was born in a small town of like 3000 people in the state. Then again, Gaudreau signed there and he's from Jersey. So maybe Columbus is a secret hotbed for the yankee folk.

Makes sense and I hope it is a secret hotbed, I’d hate to lose Horvat over Miller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Every player's goal is to take care of their families first and foremost...

Mate even if he only signed for 4 million a year for 8 years, 32 million and what he has earned already, don't you think that is enough money to look after his family ? 

After tax and with some good advice I could turn that into even more money.

Money makes money. 

Real athletes want to win. 

That seems to me what this team lacks is the will to win.

Kinda funny how he, like quite a few other hockey players are having one of their best seasons in a contract year. 

I know what that tells me. 

Maybe that's what the " problem in the room" is.

Players are more worried about what they will earn rather than winning.

Remember there is one thing money can't buy.

Your name on the Stanley Cup. 

That's immortality right there.

To me that's worth more than money.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

No blue chips............no first rounders

Cole Sillinger (C)

Kent Johnson (C)

David Jiricek (RD)

Corson Ceulemans (RD)

Denton Mateychuk (RD)

Kiril Marchenko

There prospect pool is stacked

Edited by klw604
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Detroit isn't a cup contender.  Toronto already has a 1C and a 2C.  That leaves Boston and Carolina.  Two teams, which is what I thought.  Johnny had two teams as well.  Does Horvat want to take a risk that one of those two teams gives him a retirement contract, or does he take the guaranteed money from Columbus if they trade for him?  Also, Columbus would be able to give him an 8th year on term, which would put an additional $8 million in Horvat's pocket...

I could see Montreal as a team wanting Bo, and Bo wanting there. They have some young pieces and picks to do the trade as well. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rekker said:

I could see Montreal as a team wanting Bo, and Bo wanting there. They have some young pieces and picks to do the trade as well. 

They are keeping those assets for Dubois IMO.  All signs point to him wanted to play in MTL, and whether its in free agency or MTL trades for him first, seems like worst kept secret of the NHL.

7 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

kfsibhcmsztjbc13ygtm.gif

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So how many Stanley Cup contenders will have $8 million in free cap space to sign Horvat in the summer?  It's easy to say he will just sign with a contender.  Which contender right now has the cap space to add him to their roster next summer?

Really he has three options 

sign where he wants to play 

sign with a cup contender so many be take less 

sign for the big pay day as a ufa and I think he’d be over 8 mill 

CBJ is capped out and aren’t contenders so unless that his dream team I don’t see him giving up his winning UFA lottery ticket to go there. 

Bottom line he’s guaranteed a pay day in the summer so he should feel zero pressure to sign with anyone 
So  starting now he decides where he goes unless it’s as a rental. 
Management  screwed up in the summer 

They had to make their move  weather it was miller or horvat they should have known. 

Edited by combover

23 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

They are keeping those assets for Dubois IMO.  All signs point to him wanted to play in MTL, and whether its in free agency or MTL trades for him first, seems like worst kept secret of the NHL.

Good point. Dubois and the Habs are like two forces in the universe headed for an inevitable collision. But the Habs could wait it out, till Dubois is UFA, aquire for free? 

30 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good point. Dubois and the Habs are like two forces in the universe headed for an inevitable collision. But the Habs could wait it out, till Dubois is UFA, aquire for free? 

You mean like how Stamkos was supposed to go to Toronto? Lucic was going to play in Vancouver? Tryamkin was going to come back to the Canucks again?

They probably don't want to waste Gaudreau's prime, desperate for a push. We were that team, it didn't work. Same thing happening in Toronto.

JR better take advantage of these desperate teams. If we flip Myers and Bo for a 1st, A grade prospect and prospect we should be happy. Make that Miller and we're laughing.