The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

Canucks need cap space to sign their captain.  Underperforming players (based on their salary) need to be traded out when possible to do so, one of Boeser, OEL, Myers should be traded. Boeser for Nyquist (ufa at the end of the season) would make sense.  CBJ has injuries to scoring wingers in Laine and Voracek.  

1 minute ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Canucks need cap space to sign their captain.  Underperforming players (based on their salary) need to be traded out when possible to do so, one of Boeser, OEL, Myers should be traded. Boeser for Nyquist (ufa at the end of the season) would make sense.  CBJ has injuries to scoring wingers in Laine and Voracek.  

Why does any club take on Boeser, OEL, or Myers without sending back equally bad contracts?  

12 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Miller is a better hockey player than Gaudreau.  Why wouldn't Columbus want Miller; they chose Gaudreau and Voracek as their ufa money signings and traded for Laine. 

Based off of what? Johnny has consistently been a more productive player then Miller over his entire career.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

No, they need to trade their captain to get cap space and assets to be a cup contender.

Boeser for Nyquist is a terrible trade. I despise the fact that Boeser was signed, but at the TDL, I don't see how is wouldn't be worth at least a second.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I could see something like:

to CBJ - (C) Bo Horvat and (LD) Jack Rathbone

to VAN - (C) Jack Roslovic, (LD/RD) Jake Bean and 4th

oh, if only we still had El Jake to add to that trade

and what about Studnika?

34 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Miller is a better hockey player than Gaudreau.  Why wouldn't Columbus want Miller; they chose Gaudreau and Voracek as their ufa money signings and traded for Laine. 

CBJ traded for Voracek. Part of the Atkinson deal IIRC 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I see a couple options:

Horvat (extension) +  Rathbone for Johnson and Ceulemans 

Take the better C prospect and pick up a RHD with some upside 

or 

Horvat (extension) + Rathbone for Sillinger and Jiricek 

Take a solid 3C with potential plus a potential top pairing D

Anyhow any combination of these trades really helps us start the "retool":bigblush: strong. These are players 2-3 years away from making real impacts which would go with our timeline. Then move wingers like Garland and Boeser for cap flexibility while gaining more picks and prospects, while getting a high 2023 pick from our downfall and suddenly the so called "rebuild" can be done in as short as 2 years of being bad. Guess what we've been shit for 10 years so I'll take 2 years of being really bad but at least we be excited and have something to look forward to. 

GET'R'DONE JR

I haven’t watched any Columbus hockey in a few years... any more thoughts on these guys?

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why does any club take on Boeser, OEL, or Myers without sending back equally bad contracts?  

for TO, we don't have to take Muzzy, they can absorb Myers contract with the LTIR. Thats preferable to me unless TO is going to give us a lot of value back. 

Boeser might be a low sale type deal as well.

11 minutes ago, Lumme21 said:

No, they need to trade their captain to get cap space and assets to be a cup contender.

Boeser for Nyquist is a terrible trade. I despise the fact that Boeser was signed, but at the TDL, I don't see how is wouldn't be worth at least a second.

No, they need to keep their best players.  Nyquist is a great asset to acquire, he's off the books next season.      

I could see a trade like this making sense for Columbus 

To Columbus - Bo Horvat signed to a reasonable contract, Luke Schenn, Jack Rathbone 

To Vancouver - Kent Johnson,  David Jiricek, Jacob Voracek, 

Columbus gets a lot better with these new lines 

Gudreau Horvat Laine 

Nyqvust Jenner Bemstrom 

Chinakov Roslovic Sillinger 

Foudy Kurali Oliver 

Robinson

Werinski Bjork 

Gavrikov Schenn

Christianson Gudbranson 

Bayruether Peeke 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Is there any chance… any chance that It’s Boeser? Please be Boeser please 

Maybe Boeser (our softeroo) for Raslovic (their softeroo)?

Trouble is our softeroo has three years at close to 7 per, and their softeroo is at 4 per for only two years.  I’m thinking we will try and dumperoo Garland on them. 

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wonder why CBJ consider. They tied for dead last in league.

Not sure 1 player would turn it around for them. 

Because Jarmo is desperate. He broke the bank going after Johnny Hockey, re-signing Laine and then made ERIC GUDBRANSON the 2nd highest paid Dman on the team :picard:. He is desperate for a top line center because Jenner has never been one despite having to fill that role and its going to take a couple more years before Johnson or Sillinger can fill that role. 

Offer them JT and TP for Jiricek, Lotto protected 1st and Voracek. But be willing to take Ceulemans and a 2nd if they won't budge on Jiricek.

They are in no different position then us; when a team is drowning, every other team should be offering to throw them an anchor not a life preserver.

11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wonder why CBJ consider. They tied for dead last in league.

Not sure 1 player would turn it around for them. 

CBJ looking to also extract Vancouvers' 1st round pick, for a RHD: Gudbranson ?  Most of CBJ young prospects are pretty good and good chance, they are off limits - even for Bo.  I just don't have confidence that Allvin, is a capable GM.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1