The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

19 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No it doesn’t but we need to get started asap and I think we can do better than a late TO 2nd in 2024.

... the post you responded to literally had a good prospect (more NHL ready than a 2023rd 1st) AND a 2nd in 2024 from Toronto.  

No one was suggesting just a late 2024 2nd from Toronto.  Do you post just to argue things people never said?

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

... the post you responded to literally had a good prospect (more NHL ready than a 2023rd 1st) AND a 2nd in 2024 from Toronto.  

No one was suggesting just a late 2024 2nd from Toronto.  Do you post just to argue things people never said?

Is that how you see my posts?

Not arguing with anyone, just pointed out that they don’t have a 2nd next year.

31 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Is that how you see my posts?

Not arguing with anyone, just pointed out that they don’t have a 2nd next year.

Well  you responded to a post saying a 2nd and a good prospect wasn’t good enough because the pick would have to be a 2024 and we need help faster than that and need a late 2023rd 1st round pick instead… when the prospect in the former would literally be ready faster than the 2023rd pick.

Then went on to argue that we can do better than a deal that no one proposed.

… ya, that is just you arguing dumb stuff for no reason aside from enjoying the sound of yourself typing.

20 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I bet several teams will offer a 2nd rounder, its about getting the highest one and see if we can even get a +

Perfect guy for a contender to add to their roster. Honestly he deserves better anyway on a team where everyone puts in 100%. 

11 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I heard on a podcast that his wife is due in early March. Would hate to trade him with a newborn. Might make more sense to keep him here after trading Bo to be a leader and protect our young stars.

We should of gotten reaves for protection

make our guys play 2 inches taller

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I heard on a podcast that his wife is due in early March. Would hate to trade him with a newborn. Might make more sense to keep him here after trading Bo to be a leader and protect our young stars.

Depends what we get for Brock,but if we get 2 2nd's that is worth it.Plus with Bo we should get one blue chip prospect and a 1st.

I would take picks first and off-season try to fill holes.

Islanders have a good young center that should be ready next year we could grab in a trade.

Carlo is available from Boston.

There are many things we can do,but picks to fill the cupboard is worth it long as half turn into nhlers.

• Cheers 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, Gawdzukes said:

I know everyone including myself loves Schenn but we should trade him. What this team does on the ice for the next year and a half doesn't matter at all.

To me Schenn goes if we pull the plug.  That's it.   Otherwise sign the guy.   At least he's showing the guys what a leader looks like.   No slight on anyone else either.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Provost said:

I am more convinced that if he wants to stay we should make Schenn the next captain once the (hopeful) fire sale starts.

If he wants to stay, I really hope we don’t trade him right when his wife is giving birth.  Start being classy again as an organization.

Schenn is the heir apparent if we keep him IMO.   But we don't have to be non-classy by trading him either.   Sentiment only goes so far and shouldn't be raised too high above the needs of the club.   Schenn fortunately, does both. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Provost said:

I am more convinced that if he wants to stay we should make Schenn the next captain once the (hopeful) fire sale starts.

If he wants to stay, I really hope we don’t trade him right when his wife is giving birth.  Start being classy again as an organization.

Schenn is the only current Canuck aside from Horvat I could see as captain.

Pettersson doesn't need it, neither does Hughes. Your best player doesn't have to be your captain, they've got enough weight to carry without it.

If not Horvat or Schenn run three or four A's.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 4

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Schenn is the heir apparent if we keep him IMO.   But we don't have to be non-classy by trading him either.   Sentiment only goes so far and shouldn't be raised too high above the needs of the club.   Schenn fortunately, does both. 

Hopefully his little one arrives a couple of weeks early so we can trade him for maximum value and it doesn't disrupt his personal life too much...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The right thing to do is make a decent contract offer to Schenn. I think a 2 yr deal with a modest raise, say 1.25-1.5 mil?

But if he doesn't want to re-sign here, then we should definitely trade him for the best return.

This suggestion that we trade him and then re-sign him in the off season is not going to work.

• Upvote 1

If we manage to get a 2nd for Boeser and a 2nd for Schenn that will be 4 picks in the first 2 rounds (24 pick was in the Dickinson trade) this year. If Horvat goes that could be 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks. I wouldn’t mind if we attached a few picks to get rid of some contracts ala Pearson, Myers, Poolman, OEL to free up some real cash. We could reset the future if we pick well as this draft is supposed to be really deep this year into the second round. I’d also try and trade Miller and he should have some decent value still even though the sky is falling in Canuck nation about his play, $8 million for 7 years as a UFA would be best case scenario for the tams after him so that shouldn’t scare them away. 

Edited by KyGuy123
  • Cheers 1