The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Boston's 1st would likely be like a high 2nd, I'd take it 

It's worth noting Boston doesn't hold a 2nd this season or next, those went in the Lindholm trade

I'd probably be more open to taking Calgary's 2024 2nd to replace the one we moved out given I don't see them going as deep sooner than later, but yeah, I'd take a 1st from them too 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

1st round pick from either of those teams.

My guess is out of courtesy to Luke they’d send him to Calgary. Keep him close to home instead of across the continent when he’s got a baby due.

Depends on when they pull the trigger I suppose, if he were traded to the Bruins they could even let him take a brief leave of absence before joining them 

I don't see why an NHL team interested in acquiring him wouldn't work around his expecting a child in the imminent future, particularly a team that's a playoff lock like Boston 

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“There’s a lot of factors in play,” said Hankinson. “It’s ultimately a situation where I think Canucks management has to figure out, ‘this is a good return we could get’ and they’re almost crazy not to take it because the Canucks aren’t in the playoffs. They can trade him and get some value to help build and move in the direction they want to go."

“The ultimate possibility is he could re-sign with the Canucks next summer. He’s from Kelowna, he’s got a family out there, he loves it out there, and I think if you ask the players in the room, they don’t want to trade Luke Schenn."

:wub:

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

“There’s a lot of factors in play,” said Hankinson. “It’s ultimately a situation where I think Canucks management has to figure out, ‘this is a good return we could get’ and they’re almost crazy not to take it because the Canucks aren’t in the playoffs. They can trade him and get some value to help build and move in the direction they want to go."

“The ultimate possibility is he could re-sign with the Canucks next summer. He’s from Kelowna, he’s got a family out there, he loves it out there, and I think if you ask the players in the room, they don’t want to trade Luke Schenn."

if allvin could pull it off it would buy him a lot of good will with fans. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Trading Schenn to Cgy would be like agreeing with your ex GF who screwed around on you that you would help her dad out with his yardwork.

Yuck.

True, but don’t forget you get to hook up with her hot sister when the dad isn’t looking (high draft pick)

3 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

The fact that his agent was saying this makes me think that this is a real possibility (trading him now and then signing him in summer). 

They should definitely sign him again in the summer and offer him an A! He deserves to wear a letter.