Would you rather:

Schenn to Calgary for

* LD 26yrs old Connor Mackey 912k caphit expiring

* 2024 Flames 2nd rd pick

or to Boston for

* LD 29yrs old Mike Reilly 1.875m caphit expires after next season

* 2023 Bruins 1st rd pick

???

Can't see a 1st rounder for Schenn....If team offers 2nd rounder for 33 year old very slow #6 --#8 D man..Yes he plays tough but come on 2nd rounder

would be awesome.. Lets trade him before he gets hurt playing his style..

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Would you rather:

Schenn to Calgary for

or to Boston for

???

the first, deep draft, could be a difference maker, 

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Can't see a 1st rounder for Schenn....If team offers 2nd rounder for 33 year old very slow #6 --#8 D man..Yes he plays tough but come on 2nd rounder

would be awesome.. Lets trade him before he gets hurt playing his style..

I can own it if im wrong but his value is a 2nd + without a doubt. 

Taking Reilly from the Bruins well they would consider him a cap dump but in Vancouver he would be an improvement on the Tucker Poolman's of the world. Giving them Schenn and taking Reilly's contact away + Boston's first likely being around 30th its not a reach.

Connor Mackey has maybe not had the opportunity to establish himself yet, could be resigned cheap too on top of a 2nd not a bad option.

I'd probably lean towards the Boston scenario though.

21 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Would you rather:

Schenn to Calgary for

or to Boston for

???

I'd take the 1st. I could see the 1st happening if we're taking Reilly's buried cap from them and giving them a serviceable asset as well. Schenn would fit the Bruins playstyle and culture rather easily. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I can own it if im wrong but his value is a 2nd + without a doubt. 

Taking Reilly from the Bruins well they would consider him a cap dump but in Vancouver he would be an improvement on the Tucker Poolman's of the world. Giving them Schenn and taking Reilly's contact away + Boston's first likely being around 30th its not a reach.

Connor Mackey has maybe not had the opportunity to establish himself yet, could be resigned cheap too on top of a 2nd not a bad option.

I'd probably lean towards the Boston scenario though.

Hope your right..

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

You think he would play 22 minutes a game on a contender?

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Do you think Luke Schenn would be playing 16 mins on a contender??Big No..

Trades Schenn in a hurry, hope we get a 2nd round pick before he gets hurt..Schenn is slow gets exposed lots..

• There it is 2

9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Do you think Luke Schenn would be playing 16 mins on a contender??Big No..

Trades Schenn in a hurry, hope we get a 2nd round pick before he gets hurt..Schenn is slow gets exposed lots..

Maybe we decide to keep Schenn? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we decide to keep Schenn? 

Looking at my crystal ball......

The issue right now is Boston wants him but doesn't have a 2nd for the next 2 years. So they are offering a 3rd (late 3rd) which isn't enough, and they wont cough up a decent prospect.

I'd imagine Calgary is offering a 2nd, but we dont want him to go to a rival, even if we are out of the playoff picture. We are hoping both will sweeten their offers.

Toronto may still be in the mix, but tough to say.

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Looking at my crystal ball......

The issue right now is Boston wants him but doesn't have a 2nd for the next 2 years. So they are offering a 3rd (late 3rd) which isn't enough, and they wont cough up a decent prospect.

I'd imagine Calgary is offering a 2nd, but we dont want him to go to a rival, even if we are out of the playoff picture. We are hoping both will sweeten their offers.

Toronto may still be in the mix, but tough to say.

I was thinking more about the club helping Schenn out by not trading him so he can be home while his wife has the new baby. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I was thinking more about the club helping Schenn out by not trading him so he can be home while his wife has the new baby. 

I don't know, Management is here to do a job and I do think they mean business. They will move Schenn if the deal is right regardless of the baby situation. I'm kind of ok with that if the return is good. I'll be very upset if they do Schenn dirty and only bring back a 3rd or 4th rounder for him.

Would also be great if they pencil up a 1 or even 2 year contract for him and let him know the contract will be waiting if he comes back in the summer. As a new father, knowing you get another 2 years of NHL salary is a good thing. 

Schenn's a pro. I think he could understand management moving him for an offer they couldnt refuse... but if they move him for scraps, he will take it personally.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes I’ve been preaching this for a couple weeks now! Sometimes the right buisness move is to show loyalty, if the value of the trade is not a home run electing to keep schenn shows a lot to the rest of the players we hope to keep around long term… everyone that was crying about Bruce being fired dropped their morals the second a mid draft pick is dangled…. It’s called the drance affect the guy only sees numbers no person skills, yet so much of our fan base is brain washed by the dummy I don’t get it 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

They traded Motte even though we were still technically in a playoff race for only a 4th round pick.  So, I don’t see how they would not trade Schenn either as a pending UFA to get an asset back. They blew a 2nd round pick to get rid of Dickinson and a 3rd round pick to get Dermott. So they need to recoup some draft capital.

I think they are just waiting to get the best possible deal for Schenn. 

If we want a rebuild to go smoothly, we need to get anything we can, while we can... one of the reasons, we have been floating around forever, was the lack of return on our former players...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If we want a rebuild to go smoothly, we need to get anything we can, while we can... one of the reasons, we have been floating around forever, was the lack of return on our former players...

Agreed Spook.  We are a lottery team right now, so there is no excuse to not try and go out and get as many assets as possible, especially from pending UFA's.  The whole problem under Benning was throwing away all of those draft picks for players that didn't pan out.  JR did the same thing with Dermott and threw away a 2nd to get rid of Dickinson.  Now that the team is basically tanking, I think they have changed their tune and are now in asset collection mode.

• Cheers 1