The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll for fun.

Rate this topic

Alflives

Post on another team’s board? (Fun)  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems we have posters who are fans of other teams posting here who don’t like us much. Why?  Sure if a poster likes another team and us too, that makes sense.  But why are some posters here who clearly hate us while obviously liking other teams?  That’s strange no?  

• Cheers 1

I went to the Minnesota Wild's forum once to see what it was about, and I checked to see if Seattle had one, but they don't.  I do have a profile on another forum, and I go there every once in a while.  forum.canucks.com is where it is happening! So I come here a lot, like every day, mostly several times a day, cause this is a happening place and I like everyone on here. 

• Like 1

I only do if I'm looking for a different perspective on a player I don't know too much about from their team. I usually use Reddit though for those purposes as the only team forum that has comparable traffic to Reddit is CDC.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I visited the Preds board when we played them in the playoffs in 2011, nice group of people.  I also may or may not have trolled the Hawks one ruthlessly the same year.

Were u also the Captain of your high school football team? :lol:

image.jpeg.850fe7bc8c39ef6d86a7a64e6aa5d03a.jpeg

• Haha 2

Back in the day, circa 2003 or 4'ish, I joined the Laffs forum as I was living in the GTA at the time, and was unceremoniously banned for 99 years - no I'm not joking, for making a true, but not flattering remark about Sundin - it wasn't even disparaging, but he was their 'god' at the time and so it went......

In hindsight, I was better off not visiting that site - it was hard enough living among those people for as long as I did.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I visited the Preds board when we played them in the playoffs in 2011, nice group of people.  I also may or may not have trolled the Hawks one ruthlessly the same year.

I have a lot of respect for Nashville fans.  They've always seemed to be really nice, even during the heat of playoff battles.

I'll check out other teams Reddits if I'm trying to formulate an opinion on a player or prospect I haven't seen enough. Fans are some of the best judges of a player if you take the general consensus with a grain of salt.

For example, if you polled hockey fans around the league on Horvat they would probably call him a 2 way player who's good both offensively and defensively. As fans, we know he's a scoring center who gets by defensively. We actually watch the games so we have a better idea of what's going on.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Upvote 1