The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday December 31 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/9:00pm CT/10:00 PM ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yuk.  Lay Miller at centre.  Leave “Sheldon” to eat popcorn. 

Nah.

Miller floats too much this season to play center. He can’t be trusted there.

I don’t know if it’s injury or what but his skating is much worse than last season.

10 minutes ago, brilac said:

I love it! Cashews and an orange for dinner! That is something that I would have for dinner, but I usually have Handi Snacks, string cheese, dessert, pizza, and/or bites of chocolate for dinner.  That's the bachelorette life for me, and plus the champagne and watching hockey.  

Sounds perfect to me! Yep....whatever we fancy, right? (Or, more likely....whatever we have in the house!). I'm craving chocolate but have none in the house...did really well over Christmas. Got so much chocolate from work and gave it all away. Had one pack of Raffaellos.

Tomorrow I'm having: chow mein, veg spring rolls, honey garlic meatballs (and a veg meatball dish), parmesan crusted sausage rolls, bok choy/broccoli (have to have something green in there).  A charcuterie board too. And Dolly Madison bars for dessert.

I love our family poker games...we haven't had one for awhile and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Been one of our most consistent and aggressive forecheckers?

But zero goals. Wasnt good last game or on PK. 

I like him, but he was best when on 4th line with Joshua, crash and bang. 

Maybe he's due for a goal tonight. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Nah.

Miller floats too much this season to play center. He can’t be trusted there.

I don’t know if it’s injury or what but his skating is much worse than last season.

I’m as you know a big Miller fan and I 100% agree with you on his slow speed. If I was in the training team, I would inject the guy with some PEDs but given his emotions, the guy will probably go nuclear 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not a good game for us last game we have to come out strong and push the pace. A few guys took the game off they need to follow Schenn he never takes a game off. 

Yeah but so many wanted him gone because they simply refuse to see intangibles and take them into account.. 

Typical though Hairy, nothing new in canucksland. 

Side note because I'm a lil bit pissed at the JT drama.. 

All we get in Vancouver for media is the most bush league click bait morons, a lot of what I've read here on the CDC has a lot more basis in truth then those idiots. 

It's bad enough we've been subject to a win it all now for one cup after selling the farm for years with the team but tag that to the worst media in the entire NHL equals doubly painful to be a Nux fan.. 

Can we make trades for other good or at least decent media? 

Just for once? And get depth for them too? Lmao! 

Maybe we can have a good team and good media for once?! 

Wouldn't that be a switch? ;)

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Sounds perfect to me! Yep....whatever we fancy, right? (Or, more likely....whatever we have in the house!). I'm craving chocolate but have none in the house...did really well over Christmas. Got so much chocolate from work and gave it all away. Had one pack of Raffaellos.

Tomorrow I'm having: chow mein, veg spring rolls, honey garlic meatballs (and a veg meatball dish), parmesan crusted sausage rolls, bok choy/broccoli (have to have something green in there).  And Dolly Madison bars for dessert.

I love our family poker games...we haven't had one for awhile and I'm really looking forward to it.

Dolly Madison? Do you get those from the States?

Today at the grocery store I was getting my champagne and food.  I went to two grocery stores actually - QFC and Trader Joe's (QFC for the champagne and Trader Joe's for the food).  I bought two bottles because two bottles is so much better than one.  I don't believe in shopping carts, 'cause, gosh! The price of food these days, who needs a shopping cart??! Anyhow, I felt such like a lush, I was carrying each bottle in each hand, going down the isles, looking at the Christmas stuff, lookin' at the cheese, lookin' at the desserts, and so on! And plus I was wearin' my Habs jacket because It was, and I mean was, a Habs day.  Then I went to Trader Joe's and got food. 

That was my day. 

• Haha 1