The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 12 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Amalie Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Boston is killing it since 2011 with a total change over. 

We've been bailing the same leaky lifeboat since 2011. No matter how much we tried we couldn't turn the twins into another playoff run. Now we're paying for it. 

Boston still has Bergeron and Rat Fink.  So they still have two core guys left. But they did replace three other key core guys and completely turn over their supporting cast more than once.  

40 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good to see OEL sitting tonight. He's not only been on the ice for more goals against than any other defenseman on the team, but every single player. 

Take a seat, Oliver. 

Yeah, OEL was our best dman last season IMO, but he's been playing disinterested this year. 

Let's see how he responds. 

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I just think of it as a comedy show. Literally laugh my ass off most of the game. Enjoy a couple Canucks goals and put L in the Bedard column 

I just feel for whoever is in net for us. I don't think our goal tending has been as bad as their stats reflect this year. They keep getting hung out to dry, over and over again and last season it was the same, but Demko was playing at a level that can't really be sustained.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I just think of it as a comedy show. Literally laugh my ass off most of the game. Enjoy a couple Canucks goals and put L in the Bedard column 

Some parts of this are more entertaining than winning

Imagine having a stanley cup, but no loui eriksson saga

what an empty victory that would be. 

Boston has both though

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, clearly OEL has picked up Eriksson's mantle as this team's Swedish savior 

He knows what's best for us and his name is Connor Bedard 

You'll eat tank shaped cake and you'll like it 

Phewui!

Shell casings....

47 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good to see OEL sitting tonight. He's not only been on the ice for more goals against than any other defenseman on the team, but every single player. 

Take a seat, Oliver. 

A long time coming, and well-deserved.

• Vintage 1

Boudreau is a motivational type coach. That only works if you have a “team” to coach.

What we have is individual players, playing for contracts or have retirement contracts in place.
Personally, I think Boudreau’s a complete lame duck, thrown under the bud by the F/O. However, his lines are extremely, poorly thought out. This lineup against TB is horrific and very confusing.

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

OEL looks like he is really banged up.  He may need to go on LTIR for the next four years awhile...

For roughly 4.5 years???

Quick, someone put some itching powder in his equipment so it looks like he's developed an allergy to it.... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And if you hadn't deleted major portions of my post ;), you'd note I think there's a strong chance he'd actually contribute closer his $7.2m hit in a properly constructed D (and forward) core, and with F's who weren't allergic to playing D/supporting the puck and if the team had anything resembling structure, or an identity.

Us having a bad team around him has nothing to do with his individual play.

Yes, good team defense and good defensive forwards 100% make a D-man's job easier, but there are other D-men on this team that play with the same supporting cast and aren't playing well below their respective contracts.

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

D, even ones with injury history, tend to play at a high level until 34-35, with a less steep drop off compared to F's. Again...problem.

I don't really care what they tend to do, I'm just telling you what we're all seeing and it's not him aging gracefully.