The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Wow.  Imagine how bruce feels now.

Seriously, shouldve never let shaw and walker go.  Ppl underestimate how badly that effected this team 

Maybe just maybe its the whole point... the management is tanking. If they can get players to play less hard, or make them lose a bit of interest, we may continue to lose. 
He definitely doesn't sound as if he want them to break a sweat in order to win games...

Maybe the light finally went up for them all that top 5 is all worth sucking for. Big time. 

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Wow.  Imagine how bruce feels now.

Seriously, shouldve never let shaw and walker go.  Ppl underestimate how badly that effected this team 

Walker had health issues so we might not have been able to do anything about that. Shaw for sure we shouldn't have let go.

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Maybe just maybe its the whole point... the management is tanking. If they can get players to play less hard, or make them lose a bit of interest, we may continue to lose. 
He definitely doesn't sound as if he want them to break a sweat in order to win games...

Maybe the light finally went up for them all that top 5 is all worth sucking for. Big time. 

The team is self-destructing really well on it's own. Why bring in a new coach if it's not going to change anything? 

• Thanks 1

Although Stan Smyl is probably not involved in many of the decisions regarding this team. I have to wonder how he feels seeing the direction this management group has taken in the 13 months they've been involved. He was irate then, I love to see Stan's demeanor today. He's too proud a Canuck to witness this crap year in and year out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Good job Spook. This post perfectly portrays my concerns moving forward. I think Kuzmenko is definitely a guy that has chemistry with Petey, has shown to be a good player, and fits in very well. Unfortunately with all the poor signings this summer (Miller, Boeser) that becomes a perilous adventure too. We have to make our minds up on that and commit to $6mil in 50 days or so. Meanwhile we do not know whether or not we can ever rid ourselves of enough money (Boeser, Garland, Pearson, Myers) to address the real areas of concern on the team ... all for yet another winger. Even Mikeyhev who has proven his worth is yet another winger who costs another $5 mil.

Hopefully the FO is looking at retaining if they have to. Like you said we're not going to be competitive for a year or two anyway. Does management agree though?

I think they can see the writing on the wall... the latest noises from JR suggests that they are in tanking mode, wothout telling the players directly...

tbh very pleased to hear that. The top 5 are all worthing prizes....

Big question is will FA bankroll it... if so, I think they can get rid of them all it'll take some retention, but with retention they could get a few prospects or picks back, and that is what is needed....

A few years from now we may be able to finally push on...

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I don’t think so we’re bad because he overestimated miller, underestimated horvat , putting to much expectation on demko saving the defensive deficiencies  the canucks suck because he estimated the players,the team ,and the fan base rather than actually doing his due diligence and complete analysis. He’s an idiot! 

Edited by chon derry
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I actually want Bedard this year or a top 5 pick. This is the year to do it. I've made that widely known.

What I'm saying is this fanbase, imo, won't be able to handle Tocchet. 

Oh yeah I agree. We've already seen a lot of evidence. I was talking with my dad and I find it kind of funny because I would bet 90% of this forum has literally zero knowledge of his coaching abilities. I watch a lot of hockey and I've been following the NHL for many years but I don't get much knowledge of other coaches. If you're not getting reports daily and watching every single game for a team what can you really know about these guys? Maybe they look smart behind the bench or something but 90% of coaching is done at practice and outside the games.

20 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Christ it’s like Benning all over again. Get ready for another 5-8 years of the same stuff we have been seeing the last 10. Embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise right now. 

Who the heck are you embarrassed to?

Never get these "I'm so embarrassed" posts..

38 minutes ago, Maginator said:

EP

Hughes

Miller

Demko

Kuz

Mik

Podz

Hog

OEL 

I'd put Bo in there but we can't afford him. Also, have to put OEL in there due to his contract.

The rest needs to go. Yes Garland, Boeser, etc.

I think you got it. Hopefully someone will bite on Garland but we may just be waiting on Boeser to expire or trade him not this offseason but next. We desperately need some better two way players, a 3C and about 4 new defenceman. This is why draft picks would be helpful. Those guys would be ready right around the time we are ready if we would have started this process earlier. I still say it's never too late, we'll always need hockey players in the future.

37 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Walker had health issues so we might not have been able to do anything about that. Shaw for sure we shouldn't have let go.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-coaching-staff-changes

Shaw, hired in 2021 to work alongside Travis Green, has joined up with a familiar face. He’s moving to the Philadelphia Flyers to work with John Tortorella, with whom he had a strong relationship when the two were in Columbus from 2016 to 2021.

Canucks head coach Bruce Boudreau said he was sorry to see Shaw go, but understood why Shaw was ready to work again with someone he knows so well. Shaw was the second senior assistant Boudreau has lost since the 2021-22 season ended, after Scott Walker told the team he was going to return to his home in Ontario.

“With Walker it was a different scenario, he loved it here, he still loves it here but his son was a little far away and it his son’s final year in junior. And I guess now he’ll get a chance to coach him,” Boudreau said Friday after a round of golf. (Walker was announced as the head coach of the Guelph Storm last month, his second coaching stint with the OHL team.)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I think they can see the writing on the wall... the latest noises from JR suggests that they are in tanking mode, wothout telling the players directly...

tbh very pleased to hear that. The top 5 are all worthing prizes....

Big question is will FA bankroll it... if so, I think they can get rid of them all it'll take some retention, but with retention they could get a few prospects or picks back, and that is what is needed....

A few years from now we may be able to finally push on...

I like it buddy. These tweets were coming out as we were posting and I just got to them lol. Good call!

• Thanks 1