The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers’ Pride Night goes sideways and Chicago Blackhawks refuse to wear pride jerseys

Rate this topic

Slegr

5 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Lol oh ya heff. What about the paragraphs you posted about our newly hired coach lol. 

Pot meet kettle.

Specific issues with a specific individual are not the same as broadly blaming an entire minority group for all of your perceived issues with society. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Can i get some specifics? other dude was talking about equal marriage around the world but lets stick to somewhere relatively close to here. I doubt we're having pride nights so people in somalia can have gay marriage lol

Because all people should have equal rights?

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Because all people should have equal rights?

Funny how people on the other side of this issue throw around the terms “snowflake” and “Karen” yet they’re the biggest snowflake Karen’s around!

Like why would you care if other people are fighting for equal rights? Does it affect your life? Who cares if you don’t agree with it.

Move on! Not every issue needs your “expert” input on it. Not everything needs some self righteous anti social justice warriors to fight for free speech…

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Funny how people on the other side of this issue throw around the terms “snowflake” and “Karen” yet they’re the biggest snowflake Karen’s around!

Like why would you care if other people are fighting for equal rights? Does it affect your life? Who cares if you don’t agree with.

Move on! Not every issue needs your “expert” input on it. Not everything needs some self righteous anti social justice warriors to fight for free speech…

We're just going to stick it in your face all the time and yell at you when you dont bend over backwards for it! Like omg why do they even care

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Joe_Kerr said:

We're just going to stick it in your face all the time and yell at you when you dont bend over backwards for it! Like omg why do they even care

Who’s sticking it in your face?

Who’s making you bend over backwards?

How is this affecting your life?

Like why do you even care?

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm not sure how many hockey games you go to but I haven't seen this happening. 

A pre-game skate in a coloured jersey is something quite different.

But but but one game a year they skate around in rainbow jerseys and it makes me feel uncomfortable…Like how do you explain that to your kids Deb?!?

Why are they shoving it in our faces!! :lol:

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

But but but one game a year they skate around in rainbow jerseys and it makes me feel uncomfortable…Like how do you explain that to your kids Deb?!?

Why are they shoving it in our faces!! :lol:

I'd like to see what these people complaining about the jerseys would say if someone refused to wear a similar jersey for military appreciation night.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'd like to see what these people complaining about the jerseys would say if someone refused to wear a similar jersey for military appreciation night.

I mean im more in favour of the military one but i would prefer none and just like focus on hockey and play the sport of hockey

22 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

What did I say that is worth a suspension or a ban? Am I not allowed to have an opinion? I never singled anyone out I'm talking about a media push and people getting offended over things out of their control and how its now in our schools 

You are pretty much asking a mod to ban or suspend me due to my views on something that you don't agree with.

Just reinforcing my argument on the ultra offended Karen culture surrounding those who will not be named 

You, like all of us, are entitled to state opinions.  But we are all also responsible for those opinions and any consequences that arise from them. Provorov made his bigoted position on gay people known when he refused to wear the pride jersey. He’s entitled to his opinion (within the law) but there will be consequences. Hopefully he, and those other players who are similarly bigoted, will not be the-signed when the contracts come up. And that every teams’ fan base makes it known to their ownership they don’t want such bigots representing their team. Actions and consequences. 

• RoughGame 1