The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Thatcher Demko

1 minute ago, stawns said:

There's a few teams out there who could use a goalie in his prime and also have an older goalie they'd love to get rid of that could serve as a placeholder until they can find a Demko replacement.

Still, please no

I'm honestly pretty indifferent, it depends on what the return is for me 

If we could snag one of LA's young RD+ for example I'd consider it, if we project to be a fringe playoff team over the next two or three years I'd be open to a stopgap 

Trade Demmer for a 1st round pick in 2024 or 2025.  Stretch the pick out for a better return.

Trade Horvat for the same to try and stretch out the pick to make it better

Our needs are for the future no matter WHAT Rutherford wants to delude himself in to thinking.  

• Upvote 1

Teams that potentially could be looking for a goalie are LA, EDM, CAR, NJD, PIT, BUF, OTT and TOR. Out of those options the most likely to make a move would probably be LA, NJD, PIT or OTT. I would imagine that NJD are the frontrunner. 

When the Demko rumours first started I was thinking Demko to OTT for 2023 1st (top-3 protected) + Zaitsev. Their pick is currently top-10 and I doubt they'd want to give it up, but that's the kind of deal I'd be looking for. Maybe a 2024 1st but I'd want more for taking back Zaitsev as well. 

11 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Management would have to be incredibly high on Silovs to even think about trading Demko.

you can get a good goalie via UFA if need be.  I think Silovs is going to be good, but he's still a long way out.

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Similar to other threads, we can use this thread for reports/rumours surrounding Thatcher Demko.

ya, heard alot of trade rumors over the interweb , i dont care eitherway if we trade or keep, this year has been awful for him, if we dont trade him hopefully he can get his mojo back, but not holding my breath

or trade him for bedard :P wink wink

Edited by x00x

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Buf - Eric Comrie, Jokiharu and Buf 2023 1st

Car - Andersen, Kotkaniemi, Chatfield, 2023 1st

LA - Copley, Clarke/Turcotte and 2023 1st

I don't think Demko returns any of that tbh 

More like

LA - Grans and a 2nd, maybe a bit more if Petersen waves his M-NTC and we take his two remaining years

Carolina - Andersen (assuming he waives his NTC) or Raanta, Morrow, maybe a 2nd 

Not sure about Buffalo, Luukkonen looks to be their guy going forward but they could use Demko as insulation 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Coconuts said:

I don't think Demko returns any of that tbh 

More like

LA - Grans and a 2nd, maybe a bit more if Petersen waves his M-NTC and we take his two remaining years

Carolina - Andersen (assuming he waives his NTC), Morrow 

Not sure about Buffalo, Luukkonen looks to be their guy going forward but they could use Demko as insulation 

Luukonen's numbers have fallen though, he might not be the goalie of their future.

I think Demko is probably pretty highly sought after and the Canucks wouldn't let him go unless the juice was worth the squeeze

Just now, stawns said:

Luukonen's numbers have fallen though, he might not be the goalie of their future.

I think Demko is probably pretty highly sought after and the Canucks wouldn't let him go unless the juice was worth the squeeze

I was looking at your Buffalo deal again and I've changed my mind, maybe they go for it 

Demko probably gets them into the playoffs so that pick probably isn't top 12 

I think Grans, a 2024 2nd, and maybe a third smaller piece wouldn't be bad value tbh, Grans is a good RD prospect 

I'd like Morrow out of Carolina and Carolina needs to make a decision on their tending very soon here, I could see something being there 

Morrow, Raanta or Andersen, and their 1st? Their 1st is probably going to be on the lower end 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I was looking at your Buffalo deal again and I've changed my mind, maybe they go for it 

Demko probably gets them into the playoffs so that pick probably isn't top 12 

I think Grans, a 2024 2nd, and maybe a third smaller piece wouldn't be bad value tbh, Grans is a good RD prospect 

I'd like Morrow out of Carolina and Carolina needs to make a decision on their tending very soon here, I could see something being there 

Morrow, Raanta or Andersen, and their 1st? Their 1st is probably going to be on the lower end 

I'd be fine with Morrow too, but I think Carolina would be more apt to include their 1st if the Canucks took JK off their hands.  I also think JK is still a very good piece who fits the timeline.  

We don't have a replacement for Demko, but if the offer was good, I would consider it.  Carolina and Buffalo seem like the two most logical teams for a trading partner.  Both of Carolina's goalies are UFA's in the summer and they have the cap space for Demko.

To Carolina:

Thatcher Demko

To Vancouver:

Scott Morrow

2023 2nd round pick

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I mean they said the only untouchable is Pettersson so of course teams would call about him.

Doesnt mean they have any interest in trading him.

of course, and I think it'd have to be a homerun deal too