The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I'll say yes he makes it past. With another year on his contract he's not the type of player a contender trades for at the deadline.

He had a very strong showing in the Bubble. Package him with Demko and a team could get the "Bubble Boys"    :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see that as a team that is getting better.

They have no cap space, no good prospects, and an aging core.

I don’t even see how they plan on re-signing Bo.

They’d be picking 14 if the draft was today. I could easily see them having a lotto pick next year.

Depends if they can re-sign bo or not.  If they do, they're pretty deep down the middle and have a good dcorp

Edited by stawns

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What happens if the Islanders miss the playoffs and we land the 13-16 pick and we win the lottery or the 2nd ball?  Do we drop 10 spots and get the 3rd to 6th pick and that pick goes to the Islanders?

Yes. If the pick is in the top 12 we wait. Actual draft position isn't determined until after the lottery. Best we can do on that pick is 13th.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks don't need a 6-7 D... we have 5-6-7 D's coming out our ears.

OEL can play as a 5-6-7, Myers can play as a 5-6-7, Bear can play as a 5-6-7.  If Schenn is still here, he can play 5-6-7.

Canucks need #2, #3, #4 D's to complement Hughes at #1.... preferably with size and mobility.

thank you

I didn;t know

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jyu said:

Miller is the better offensive player and has the tools that Bo don’t have. 

But he flat out gives up on plays far too often. If he can correct his emotional outrage, I think you are right. 

Horvat gives up on plays as well but in a different way. 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

Yes. If the pick is in the top 12 we wait. Actual draft position isn't determined until after the lottery. Best we can do on that pick is 13th.

Does anyone know whose choice it is?  Isles or Canucks?

17 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What every intelligent true elite fan of hockey has to keep in mind, is that we arent replacing Bo's production or faceoffs this year. This trade isnt about capturing momentary value of 2022-2023, in fact we will probably lose a lot more games with BO out which will help accelerate our desire for a big sell off.. That to many educated fans is an appealing thought.

Also, the assets they acquired may be valued differently by different GM"s maybe the assets in BOs trade are key pieces in future trades, remember we still got 8 months till the start of the next season so we got a lot more trading to do.

No, we need to get help now, later, next season, and in 14 years, on the defense, five years ago, also younger, older if we have to, and we need to do it in one single transaction.

I'm appalled at some takes in this thread. Thanks for sharing some common sense.  

8 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

If it was huberdeau and weegar and a first I actually wouldn’t be as angry….. but it’s not 

this reeeks just like this organization 

thanks aquaman you crook

so you rather the Canucks trade for older players and then immediately commit 17m combined to them for 8 years when both players are near 30 years old...That is NOT what the Canucks need!

Canucks got a under 25 yr old forward in Beauvillier, young C prospect in Raty and a 1st round pick. Wish we got a good young rhd back in trade but this management regime knows we need to improve the D, they say it but then they go spend $ on wingers and only wingers...

Let's hope this trade works out for Vancouver, could take a few years...If EP40 signs long term and learns how to win faceoffs more regularly then we could have a good 1-2 punch at C. 

Still need to address the RHD tho...and we moved our biggest trade asset without getting one back, it is so Canuck!

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Depends if they can re-sign or not.  If they do, they're pretty deep down the middle and have a good dcorp

Don’t see why Bo would re-sign there.

He can get just as much or more with actual contenders.

They’re still a flawed team. I don’t see Bo as a player that makes them a non fringe playoff team.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1