The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Kind of ironic coming from a guy who according to himself has never been proven wrong and refuses to acknowledge any evidence or statistics that don't fall in line with his opinion.

My biggest mistake was not realizing how dumb this management group is.  Three years ago I was a lone island wanting boeser gone, last year I was one of few who knew how bad not moving miller would be and that it would be the end of horvat.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't know that, at all.  They could sink below 12 this year and come back strong next year.  Lam bent Allvin right over

Based on what? Look at capfriendly. Tell me how they are gonna improve this garbage roster with no cap. They don't have a bunch of young guys poised to break out. Their best prospect we just took. That 12th overall guy sure as sh*t isn't moving the needle for them. So again, if they were so bad this year they are drafting 12th overall. And for reference, that is with them having Bo for 3 months. They are magically gonna get better after losing Mayfield? But the team, with Horvat drafted top 12. A worse roster is magically gonna come back strong on the back of what? Cause it suits your gotta be grumpy narrative.

They could sink and come back strong next year. Lets play the what-if game. Raty breaks out next year and easily replaces Bo and we're the President Trophy team. See how easy it is and how stupid it sounds? Or Beauvillier finds chemistry with Miller and becomes a 50 point guy. I love imaginary unrealistic scenarios. :emot-parrot:

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Offseason when the teams who load up for their playoff runs have to shed cap…?

Let’s hope so anyway because the top UFA option for Dmen this upcoming offseason are projected to be Dumba or Gostisbehere.  No thank you to both 

I like Mayfield or Jensen as short term solutions there. Neither should require crazy $ or term.

Unfortunately our long term Hughes partner is not likely to fixed with a magic wand. Though a +/- 15 pick this year has a half decent chance of doing so in a couple years...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I am not happy with the return either. But I have come to expect the least out of this management and ownership so not surprised. 

It is possible Larkin, O'Reilly, maybe more get added to the market though. That would lower Bo's value. 

3 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Yes he did:

2017-18 Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders NHL   71 21 15 36

AB scored 21g in his 2nd NHL season and has 2 18g and 1 15g season all while being 25yrs old. Not terribly production for a late 1st round pick. Blows the Gaunce, White, Jensen, Shinkaruk etc of the world that the Canucks select...

Ya I just saw that he did in essentially his second year.

Not worried now, we have perennial 90+ point player Miller on the team for 8 more years so all is well.

That's what we're doing now right?

11 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Could someone please explain "protected" 1st round pick? I keep seeing conflicting comments in this thread.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but if the Isles end up drafting between #1 and #12 this year then they keep the pick this year and we get their unconditional pick next year. So this year if we get their pick it would be between #13 and #32 but likely between #13 and #20. we cant do better than #13 this year.

If we get their pick next year it could be #1 or #32 depending on how  the Isles finish next year.

• Cheers 2

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Doesn't change the fact Management owns this... they f*cked up their CAP.

Yes they fcked it up but no point in dwelling on it. 

we are all suspicious of the current regime but don’t let that get in the way of evaluating this trade for what it is. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Fen1010 said:

I could agree with that, but I feel that the market may not have been as robust as we had hoped for Bo. 

But who knows what would have been in 3, 4, 5 weeks as standings change and teams watch other teams load up.  There was potential for a serious arms race in the east and now the Canucks just sit and watch.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's one year where he scored 20+ goals.

Miller therefore is a consistent 90+ point player?

Sure, also 18 in 68 games (21 goal pace) & 15 in 47 (26 goal pace) plus a 25 goal pace in the playoffs.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing just that he's shown ability to score on top of providing elements we need.

Maybe it won't work but I don't hate the gamble given the term on his deal.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

My biggest mistake was not realizing how dumb this management group is.  Three years ago I was a lone island wanting boeser gone, last year I was one of few who knew how bad not moving miller would be and that it would be the end of horvat.

No, lots wanted Boeser gone....I would hazard to say at least half of CDC wanted him gone. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1