The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Oilers McDavid gets the goalie that will get him a cup and pays a ransom

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

I think we're overvaluing Demko here -- as good as he was in the bubble, Campbell himself has gone 15-8-1 this season (after going 31-9-6 last year), so he's not really in the territory of Cal Petersen anymore since he's come back and re-established himself as a viable NHL option (even though Stu might be the guy, All-Star nomination and all).  Schenn for the 2nd round pick may work?  However, I'm not sure if Demko is >>>>> Campbell, and Rathbone's really a throw-in at this point, so I'm not sure if Yamamoto and part of the 1st are a cap dump?  This seems heavily lopsided in our favor with all the young assets we're getting in return.

You're underestimating how much negative value Bouchard has.

• There it is 1

Probably don't need Demko with Campbell but his GAA is 3.3 and save % under 0.900 which is pretty crap. Their goalies are pretty much set with Skinner getting an extension, but they need bottom-6 playoff-type forwards and decent defencemen. 

Schenn would fit them perfectly (and honestly, Pearson too if he was healthy). 

If we're selling the team, Puljujarvi is the perfect 3M 1 season cap dump coming back but I wonder who else on our roster they could use to flesh out their bottom-6? Joshua? Lazar?

Garland (1M retained) + Schenn for Poolparty + 1st, 2nd or Bouchard? 

I'm starting to think Garland has negative value when they're talking about buying him out. I'd like to think Schenn's value is a mid-round 2nd but that could just be us fans over-hyping him. Surely it would cost Edmonton to get rid of Puljujarvi (maybe to the sound of a 3rd value-wise?). Bouchard is probably pretty untouchable, he's racking up points despite playing on their 3rd pairing right now.

8 hours ago, Odjick the Warrior said:

Canucks trade 

Thatcher Demko 

Luke Schenn

Jack Rathbone 

Edmonton Trades 

Jack Campbell 

Evan Bouchard 

Kailer Yamamoto 

2023 1st Round pick 

2024 2nd Round pick 

Vancouver would have to clear cap room? Edmonton trade 9 million -- Van 5.9 million

Oilers don't make this move...

Schenn gets you a  2nd round pick --  -- Rathbone - 

Demko - --Gets Van ---Bouchard 23 #3 D man 6'3 bright future. - Yamamoto  5'10 speedy talented -- 1st rounder

4 yrs remaining on Campbell 31-- 4 yrs remain X 5 million

Yamamoto doesn't bring any element that we are missing in the line up.

Bouchard I'd be interested even though he has some deficiencies. But will they trade him?

Oilers just signed Campbell to a long term contract. Managers don't usually abandon their own signing that quickly.

I'm not sure if there is a trade to be made here. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Thing is - it's EDM.   CAL and EDM ... two teams we've never made a major trade with.  

Not really major but Paul Reinhart.....that one almost bit them in the ass (and really should have since Otto kicked the puck in the OT series elimination game; remember that was the only year the Lames won the Cup!).    Even on his last legs, Reinhart was a force for us on the blueline that year (and the next).  Lames thought he was finished but he still had some fight left in him.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

You're underestimating how much negative value Bouchard has.

He's a 23 year old, former 1st round pick RHD who's still finishing his ELC and who put up 43 points in 81 games last season.  Sure, Ceci has held down the top pair and #1 defensive RD role and Barrie's the PP1 QB, but if anything I wonder if an expanded role would help him realize his potential like how Bear's stepped up (Bouchard's likely not going to be the #1 all-round defender that Hughes needs as a partner, but he can hold his own, and we'd definitely have money and space for a guy like him after Myers' contract expires or gets moved). 

Edited by Phil_314

30 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

He's a 23 year old, former 1st round pick RHD who's still finishing his ELC and who put up 43 points in 81 games last season.  Sure, Ceci has held down the top pair and #1 defensive RD role and Barrie's the PP1 QB, but if anything I wonder if an expanded role would help him realize his potential like how Bear's stepped up (Bouchard's likely not going to be the #1 all-round defender that Hughes needs as a partner, but he can hold his own, and we'd definitely have money and space for a guy like him after Myers' contract expires or gets moved). 

And he's nowhere close to being able to play well enough in his own zone, and doesn't seem to be willing to learn.  He's got 4 S's: slow, soft, stupid, and selfish.  There's no chance he ever turns into a legit NHLer and Edmonton would be getting better just by getting rid of this useless pylon.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And he's nowhere close to being able to play well enough in his own zone, and doesn't seem to be willing to learn.  He's got 4 S's: slow, soft, stupid, and selfish.  There's no chance he ever turns into a legit NHLer and Edmonton would be getting better just by getting rid of this useless pylon.

Oof.  That's definitely news to me.