The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

56 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Doubt it would happen, but I'd be pretty happy with these pairs (one for offence & one for physicality in each):

Hughes - Myers

Soucy - Hronek

Hirose - Tryamkin

If we can’t move Myers until the deadline, I’d try and acquire Carlo and sign Tryamkin:

Hughes - Carlo

Tryamkin - Hronek

Hirose - Myers 

Johansson/Woo in for Myers once he’s traded.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd be shocked. 

I think the Canucks would be way near the bottom of teams he'd play for. Provided he even wants to play in the NHL. 

Not that I think Canucks are going to sign him, but I think if he wasn't interested in being back in the NHL, he would have already accepted a deal in Russia.

If he wants to have a real chance at chasing the Stanley Cup, he's in his prime, now is the time to do it.

3 years, 2.5 million per.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:25 PM, Petey Castiglione said:

I'd love for this to happen.  Not only cause I'd like to see the guy cause havoc out on the ice again (and we could actually use him now), but more so to see the riot here on CDC.  

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

Fired Up Sport GIF by UFC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/20/2023 at 5:33 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Not that I think Canucks are going to sign him, but I think if he wasn't interested in being back in the NHL, he would have already accepted a deal in Russia.

If he wants to have a real chance at chasing the Stanley Cup, he's in his prime, now is the time to do it.

3 years, 2.5 million per.

If he wanted to do that he shouldn't have taken a 6 year vacation while his shot at the best league in the world was wasting away. What a bum. Easy pass.

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Who knows the actual back story, media quotes aside, I doubt anyone here really knows what went on.

A lot of people,  never mind hockey players, do not figure their stuff out mentally until their late twenties... 

From a pure hockey standpoint, adding a defense man of his size, speed and wingspan on an nhl rink, if your scouts green light him defensively it would be a no brainer to add a piece like try.

Exactly. It’s funny how so many hear rumors and figure that they’re informed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

This is the exact reason why I personally don't believe he comes back to the NHL at all.

His agent stated last month he is waiting for an NHL contract or interest to appear as per Tryamkin wishes.

July 1st everything is announced with interest from teams or movement for UFA’s. 

I think he will get the opportunity in the NHL .

Capspace is a big issue for many teams,  and what Nik brings for what will bring in a “show me - show you contract” will be exceptional value .

• Cheers 1

The amount of fans that have a gripe with this player over nothing at all is amazing.

Weed stinks?    Yes it does , it’s as bad a cigarette smoke.

I enjoy a puff now and then , but I refrain from exposing other from it who want clean air.

Drugged out city, where crime and street deaths are high inside a kilometre of Rogers Place ?    Yes it is.

Willie Desjardins a not so good Coach ?

Yes, he was Terrible.   And perhaps management realized that when Nik brought it to their attention in the meeting they had trying to get him change his one way contract to 2 way….  and fired WD.

would I rather have Hirose, Rathbone, Woo, Keeper , Bear, Poolman, Dermott, Myers on , or negotiating for contracts …

Nope.

Id rather have a D core line up with Regulars of

Hughes Hroneck Breisbois, Burroughs Tryamkin , with cap flexibility to sign R & UFA’s.

and a prospect pool of 

Juulsen Woolanin McWard , D Petersson, Johanssen, KUDRYAVTSEV ( who got 50 points in 67 games last season in the OHL as a 18- 19 year old.)

just my opinion.    It never changes much :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1