The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Rutherford Believed To Want Out Of Vancouver

Rate this topic

fivethej

49 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Good. 
Don’t let the door hit you in the dinosaur tail you geriatric goof.  
Ruth has turned our mess into a complete clown show.  
Kick his ass out and let the Sedin’s be the president 

What is a the so called clown show? That some journalists write garbage?

Are you that gullible?

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

You don’t see the Canucks these days as a clown show?    

No, why should I?

I don’t see any wrongdoing regarding BB and that had been the talk of the town a long time only because of what’s been written about it in media.

It’s just pathetic that fans go for that shat.

Edited by Timråfan
  • RoughGame 4
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

No, why should I?

I don’t see any wrongdoing regarding BB and that had been the talk of the town a long time only because of what’s been written about it in media.

It’s just pathetic that fans go for that shat.

maybe you should open your eyes then.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I don't trust that source at all.

That said, hope JR would retire himself. He has done more harm than good to this organization. 

Bring back Gillis as PoHO or ceo. He might be a lousy GM/Scout but he sure knows how to build a world class organization.

Edited by 24K PureCool

4 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

maybe you should open your eyes then.  

Why? 
I see a ppg player signed, another traded for players/picks we need.

We got a coaches now with a lot of play off experiance.

Please, tell me what I missed?

The other poster couldn’t bother typing why he thought it was a clown show so you can give it your best shot.

Or don’t you have anything to say?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Considering JR has been the only President this owner has had that could make him listen to reason, it would be a big loss if he steps away.  But Allvin has been winning his deals (especially the Bo one! Got great return and dodged a contract demand from a selfish player) so I’m sure he will continue to do great for us and build us another great team, like Gillis did. 

Lmao selfish player. He deserves this contract. His will work out way better than Vans (selfish) miller deal over time.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Why? 
I see a ppg player signed, another traded for players/picks we need.

We got a coaches now with a lot of play off experiance.

Please, tell me what I missed?

The other poster couldn’t bother typing why he thought it was a clown show so you can give it your best shot.

Or don’t you have anything to say?

Where should I start?  Off the top of my head:

1. Ownership forcing MG to hire Torts which turned out to be super embarassing for team.

2. Ownership's mistreatment of Trevor Linden.  FA begged Linden to come in and be the face of the franchise after the Torts debacle.  That was just another example of him trying to divert attention from the team's dysfunction.  Linden had no experience but did his best.  Then, when Linden was no longer willing to tow the company line (and wanted to rebuild - which was the right call, I may add), FA just cast him to the wolves. Embarassing. 

3. Ownership meddling with day to day affairs.  Prime example was blocking Dan Hamhuis trade at the deadline because he wanted Dallas (Gaglardi) to pay a premium.

4. Ownership being unwilling to rebuild despite this team needing it.  Basically put a gun to JB's head his entire tenure to improve the team in a hurry which caused JB to take unnecessary gambles (i.e. Loui Eriksson, OEL) in order to just that.... these gambles crippled our franchise. 

5. Ownership hiring Bruce Boudreau a few days before hiring a new president of hockey operations. That was so stupid.

6. Ownership not being able to STFU - see open letter to Canucks fans in 2019 https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/letter-from-francesco-aquilini/c-306525106  quite an entertaining read 3 short years later.

7. Ownership hiring JR - dude is an old dinosaur who has been running this team like a country club.  He ran Pittsburgh into the ground and then came into Vancouver and has delivered on none of his promises.  Sounds like he may want to jump ship already.... just a tool all around.

8. Management / Ownership botching the BB firing.  Narrative I believe is that JR and PA wanted to fire BB weeks before and FA blocked them.... that's what created the media crapstorm.  While I disagree with the BB firing in general, he was a sitting duck from Day 1 due to point #5 above.  Bruce deserved better from franchise and JR should have had power to fire him if he wanted to.  FA interference was to blame for this debacle.

9. Management hiring Tocchet.  Watched his whole presser, dude is a complete dud with no track record of winning.  He will not be successful here.

10. Rachel Dorrie debacle.  Paraded around last year's female hires like they were trophys to show off to the rest of the world.  Only to have one of the women mysteriously fired less than a year into her tenure.  She was a stupid hire and they didn't do proper due dilligence... likely because they were in need of some much needed PR.

11. Changing jersey mid-season.  Never in my life have a I seen a team change their jersey mid season.  However, when your team is a complete clown show, what better way than to distract the fans than by doing a complete rebrand midway through the season.

12. Management botching JT Miller trade last year - this essentially ran BoHo outta town (when we could have resigned him for good value).  Now we are stuck with JT who has had a terrible attitude all year.

Edited by Sell.the.team
  • Cheers 1