The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Rutherford Believed To Want Out Of Vancouver

Rate this topic

fivethej

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, have we not figured out yet that the DailyHive.com is just a clickbait organization focused on publishing headlines that increase the number of clicks to their site and impressions?

I can't remember the last time I saw an accurate headline from them, I generally ignore them now.

^ This

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm sure if there were anything to this conjecture JR would've already said so, he can't keep his mouth shut on any matter. 

That, or he did say it but he's intending on doing the exact opposite of quitting since he's shown he likes to say one thing and do the total opposite. 

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see the twins take over.

Maybe one day, but without a single day of managerial experience whatsoever?  

I guess one could easily argue it certainly couldn't get any worse,  could it?  

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Maybe one day, but without a single day of managerial experience whatsoever?  

I guess one could easily argue it certainly couldn't get any worse,  could it?  

Why not?  Prez is more oversight anyway.  PA takes care of the hockey ops

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

(For the old timers here)

Hockey news from Richard Simmons would be more credible than from that Toronto Sun goof...Richard Simmons GIF

i have watch most of these episodes but haven't seen this one... some of the seasons were great. Drew carey was not meant for that job.... Aisha Tyler is hands down better.

sorry for going off track.... im going to find this episode

7 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

i have watch most of these episodes but haven't seen this one... some of the seasons were great. Drew carey was not meant for that job.... Aisha Tyler is hands down better.

sorry for going off track.... im going to find this episode

it did not disappoint

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

Where should I start?  Off the top of my head:

1. Ownership forcing MG to hire Torts which turned out to be super embarassing for team.

2. Ownership's mistreatment of Trevor Linden.  FA begged Linden to come in and be the face of the franchise after the Torts debacle.  That was just another example of him trying to divert attention from the team's dysfunction.  Linden had no experience but did his best.  Then, when Linden was no longer willing to tow the company line (and wanted to rebuild - which was the right call, I may add), FA just cast him to the wolves. Embarassing. 

3. Ownership meddling with day to day affairs.  Prime example was blocking Dan Hamhuis trade at the deadline because he wanted Dallas (Gaglardi) to pay a premium.

4. Ownership being unwilling to rebuild despite this team needing it.  Basically put a gun to JB's head his entire tenure to improve the team in a hurry which caused JB to take unnecessary gambles (i.e. Loui Eriksson, OEL) in order to just that.... these gambles crippled our franchise. 

5. Ownership hiring Bruce Boudreau a few days before hiring a new president of hockey operations. That was so stupid.

6. Ownership not being able to STFU - see open letter to Canucks fans in 2019 https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/letter-from-francesco-aquilini/c-306525106  quite an entertaining read 3 short years later.

7. Ownership hiring JR - dude is an old dinosaur who has been running this team like a country club.  He ran Pittsburgh into the ground and then came into Vancouver and has delivered on none of his promises.  Sounds like he may want to jump ship already.... just a tool all around.

8. Management / Ownership botching the BB firing.  Narrative I believe is that JR and PA wanted to fire BB weeks before and FA blocked them.... that's what created the media crapstorm.  While I disagree with the BB firing in general, he was a sitting duck from Day 1 due to point #5 above.  Bruce deserved better from franchise and JR should have had power to fire him if he wanted to.  FA interference was to blame for this debacle.

9. Management hiring Tocchet.  Watched his whole presser, dude is a complete dud with no track record of winning.  He will not be successful here.

10. Rachel Dorrie debacle.  Paraded around last year's female hires like they were trophys to show off to the rest of the world.  Only to have one of the women mysteriously fired less than a year into her tenure.  She was a stupid hire and they didn't do proper due dilligence... likely because they were in need of some much needed PR.

11. Changing jersey mid-season.  Never in my life have a I seen a team change their jersey mid season.  However, when your team is a complete clown show, what better way than to distract the fans than by doing a complete rebrand midway through the season.

12. Management botching JT Miller trade last year - this essentially ran BoHo outta town (when we could have resigned him for good value).  Now we are stuck with JT who has had a terrible attitude all year.

Ok

So your post were about ownership… I thought it was about JR but the few things about JR wasn’t much. 

The bits on the owner I don’t bother about and I believe you should start an own thread complaining about the owner. 

Regarding Miller, we don’t know anything about any trade offer as it seems so how can anything be botched?

Dorrie, isit anything to be bothered about?

I’m abit worried about the mindset of people.

They tend to be more irritated by things that is so uninteresting to even raise a hair on an eyebrow. 
Changing jersey… 

So sad about BB, crocodile tears…

Tocchet so bad, can I get my candy back… 

And so on.. 

I was a bit curious why any player today bother about anything anyone says to them in the rink.

Fans like you show me it might be possible.

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, have we not figured out yet that the DailyHive.com is just a clickbait organization focused on publishing headlines that increase the number of clicks to their site and impressions?

I can't remember the last time I saw an accurate headline from them, I generally ignore them now.

Exactly. Never any substantiated evidence.

• Like 1

It feels like Toronto and it’s media outlets keep trying to sabotage us. First Elliotte Friedman prematurely announces our new coach, making Canucks look bad for keeping Bruce while waiting for Rick to finish tying up loose ends with his current employment, then Sportsnet and other Toronto media shame us on it like we’re the worst club ever, when this kind of thing happens all the time (but not necessarily a media outlet announcing private info about an incoming coach so early), and now a Toronto media outlet says our GM wants out. They like to stir it up out east with no repercussions for them.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Considering JR has been the only President this owner has had that could make him listen to reason, it would be a big loss if he steps away.  But Allvin has been winning his deals (especially the Bo one! Got great return and dodged a contract demand from a selfish player) so I’m sure he will continue to do great for us and build us another great team, like Gillis did. 

What exactly has given you the impression that Rutherford has gotten through to Aqua?