The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kieffer Bellows

12 goals and 26 points in 83 career NHL games.

"Kieffer Bellows is a skilled power forward who can dominate games. Possesses high end puckhandling ability as well as a crisp, accurate release on his shot. Proficient forechecker and loves to win puck battles, which stands out as a consistent part of his game. Strong skater who can bull through the opposition or go around them. Drives the net hard and is a decisive finisher. All-in-all, a competitor who punishes the opposition physically, as well as on the scoreboard."

24 years old turning 25 this year.

Power forwards take longer to develop. 

Worth a claim?  Sure.  Will the Canucks do it?  Nope.

NEXT!!!

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

12 goals and 26 points in 83 career NHL games.

"Kieffer Bellows is a skilled power forward who can dominate games. Possesses high end puckhandling ability as well as a crisp, accurate release on his shot. Proficient forechecker and loves to win puck battles, which stands out as a consistent part of his game. Strong skater who can bull through the opposition or go around them. Drives the net hard and is a decisive finisher. All-in-all, a competitor who punishes the opposition physically, as well as on the scoreboard."

24 years old turning 25 this year.

Power forwards take longer to develop. 

NEXT!!!

About as much as Podkolzin, but 3 years older.

4 less points in 11 less games.

Edited by Odd.

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

At this point, with the season essentially done and the only thing left to decide is draft position - they should focus on giving the guys they already have in the system a shot before they bring in anyone else imo - Hogs/Pod/Aman/Klim/Raty, these guys should be given looks.  

• Cheers 2

I don't care one way or another with this one, his salary can be buried so if we picked him up and gave an audition it doesn't hurt us.

I honestly would rather use guys like this and leave our own young prospects in Abby to get more minutes and try to go on a playoff run there to feel good about themselves and learn to win.  I don't mind Podkolzin having a few games to understand the expecations of the new coaching staff but is he going to develop better here the rest of the season?  Not sure about that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don't care one way or another with this one, his salary can be buried so if we picked him up and gave an audition it doesn't hurt us.

I honestly would rather use guys like this and leave our own young prospects in Abby to get more minutes and try to go on a playoff run there to feel good about themselves and learn to win.  I don't mind Podkolzin having a few games to understand the expecations of the new coaching staff but is he going to develop better here the rest of the season?  Not sure about that.

I don't agree with you often, but I do agree with you here.  I rather our prospects continue developing in Abby than to be subject to this losing environment.  Grab guys like this to fill in gaps where we need em.