The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are going to trade Schenn, considering the timing of his coming baby maybe we should make the trade soon?  Or not trade him at all? 

Question is will you call Schenn fat after he’s traded? 

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think that’s the most likely outcome too.

Like why gamble next year? Just give up the pick that you know the value of.

Sure it might be an 18-22 pick next year, but is that really much difference in value to risk it potentially being a lotto pick?

Now that they’ve re-signed Bo I think giving up a 10-12 pick wouldn’t sting as much.

Yeah I totally agree. One would think that the optics of possibly giving away a lottery pick could be pretty bad for the club and they could just get rid of the risk altogether. Signing Bo completely helps make the price palpable.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Yeah I don’t think he’ll be traded either, so I guess I’m cheering for him to play badly or the Canucks offence to play badly. 

If he plays like he did at the beginning of the season, we'll be fine:

Demko has a 3-10-2 record to go along with a 3.93 goals-against average and a .883 save percentage.

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we are going to trade Schenn, considering the timing of his coming baby maybe we should make the trade soon?  Or not trade him at all? 

I agree. I would talk to him and see how serious he is with re-signing in Vancouver. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's very surprising to me, figured he'd just be up here to get some money.

With this news, I'm starting to think they might actually be thinking of trading Demmer and want to see what they have in Silovs, especially since Martin was only loaned to Abby and not assigned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

That's very surprising to me, figured he'd just be up here to get some money.

With this news, I'm starting to think they might actually be thinking of trading Demmer and want to see what they have in Silovs, especially since Martin was only loaned to Abby and not assigned.

Contrary to some views on here; I don't think Demko is on the block at all. I think this is more to do with evaluating Silovs against a pretty good NHL team and also as a reward for his solid play in Abby.

He no longer has his added signing bonus to pad his salary and only makes 70K in the minors. Getting a boost in wages for his time spent with the big club is a nice added benefit too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

good move playing silovs:

1. He has been Killing it in Abby so organization rewards players who 'earn it'

2.He is only 21, if he stinks then its added motivation for him to milk Abby experience for all he can get

3. Great excitement for organization and chance to evaluate their own development process

4. Gives something for team to play and show up for

5. Potential for back up next year ??? hmmm