The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

Reasonable trade for two forwards probably unhappy with their development at their respective teams - will take a few years before we can see who wins the trade - hopefully PA is careful and this does not become another Jared McCann situation.

Not sure why they traded for a forward though when their problem is the D - perhaps this trade indicates the Canucks are planning to trade some forwards before next Friday,  Guess we will find out soon.

• Upvote 1

Just now, lmm said:

tall thin softy

not holding out much hope for this prospect

wonder what Tocc thinks

I agree he is all those things, but I think that's where the gamble comes. Can Miller and Tocchet get him to play with more of an edge? People hate on Boeser, but ever since Miller got here I have seen him forecheck harder, and it has led to goals for. Yeah he is not a puck hound. But he does play harder than people give him credit for. If Miller can get Kravtsov to buy in a bit more on forechecks, board battles. That's a kid with elite puck skills and a good shot that now plays harder. That we trade for a smallish forward that doesn't have a third of the skill Kravtsov has and a 7th rounder that is doing Fortnite dances right now cause that pick is so far away. We didn't give up much for a guy that has quite a bit of potential. We essentially traded a dime and a nickel for three quarters that can turn into a 5 dollar bill. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

tall thin softy

wonder what Tocc thinks

Yeah, seems pretty soft with not much suddenness to his game. Don’t really like his edge work on his skating at all either. Oh well, let’s see what happens. 

Gonna go out on a limb here and say not a Tocc type player. ::D

• Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Agreed. I also think Milstein will play a prominent role in motivating his clients. There seems to be an out of the ordinary awareness between Dan and his crew. He keeps finding them good opportunities and seems to know how to motivate them.

Milstein is our man rn 

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don't mind the trade at all buuuut they aren't really addressing any of the major needs that this team has needed for three years. I am really surprised we haven't been able to bring in one impact dman by now. I wonder how much of it is because gms know we are screwed and have nothing on the farm and know they can wait Allvin out to get more of what they want.

These trade chips weren't going to net a dman of not in return so it is a moot point. Other trades and moves are clearly going to be made Allvin and Rutherford obviously know what all needs work and it's not going to be a quick fix either. Not sure why this needs to be beat into your head after every trade.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Next season:

Kuzmenko-Petey-Beauvillier

Garland-Miller-Kravtsov

Podkolzin-3C-Mikheyev

Joshua-Raty-Lazar

Would be interesting to see if Beauvillier could find success with Miller.  That way Kravtsov could find some confidence having Petey and Kuz feeding him chances.

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

tall thin softy

wonder what Tocc thinks

at least we aren't paying him $4M

From draft day to now there are very few power forwards that hit early in their career.

they usually take longer and to physically mature is when they really start to shine

hope and optimism are free and will be a better experience 

we gave up nothing for a player with pedigree and promise 

• Like 1