The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Up to Allvin to make it work, unless he has given up and he uncreative, as you.  Wasn’t he able to trade, a very polarizing Hammer for something ?  

Worst case, OEL finds a way to stay away from Tocchet, by getting put in the LTIR for the duration of Tocchets' deal and the FO learns to weaponize the cap.  There are options and a creative GM that is intending of getting rid of that contract, will find a way.

$3 million cap hit for LESS than two seasons >>>>>>> $8.25 million cap hit for less than five seasons.

At the age of 31 (for either player), two years vs five years is a huge difference imho.

As I said, pray Jim Benning gets hired as the GM of another NHL team.  Maybe we can unload him to that team for a bag of magic beans.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

10 hours ago, spook007 said:

All the team need to end bottom 3 is for Petey to get a small injury

Never a good idea.  He needs a full summer training without any setbacks.  Tank but roster needs to be dismantled via trades.  Just trust the process and hope for the best with the lottery.  If we land the lottery, all of the tanking is irrelevant.   We would get the best world of win-win scenario, players don't develop a losing culture by tank and we land top 2 pick.   Think about it, if it weren't for comeback wins, we'd be bottom by now, neck to neck with Chicago.   I believe we are tied with comebacks this yea with 9 comeback wins and that is 18 full points of that.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

$3 million cap hit for LESS than two seasons >>>>>>> $8.25 million cap hit for less than five seasons.

At the age of 31 (for either player), two years vs five years is a huge difference imho.

As I said, pray Jim Benning gets hired as the GM of another NHL team.  Maybe we can unload him to that team for a bag of magic beans.

I used Hammer, as example cause that was a trade, that no one expected - but it was obvious that Allvin/the FO wanted him gone.  If Allvin wanted OEL gone, a deal can be made or he gets bought out (hope not), otherwise he unwillingly plays for Tocchet or goes in the LTIR.  There are options but none of them are ideal...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 hours ago, coolboarder said:

Never a good idea.  He needs a full summer training without any setbacks.  Tank but roster needs to be dismantled via trades.  Just trust the process and hope for the best with the lottery.  If we land the lottery, all of the tanking is irrelevant.   We would get the best world of win-win scenario, players don't develop a losing culture by tank and we land top 2 pick.   Think about it, if it weren't for comeback wins, we'd be bottom by now, neck to neck with Chicago.   I believe we are tied with comebacks this yea with 9 comeback wins and that is 18 full points of that.

Cheers Coolboarder. 

i waan't advocating Petey getting an injury, but more the fact he is the difference from a top 3 pick. 

I was never a tanker before, exactly because of the reason you've given, however at the moment with our AHL defense, he is the difference.  

Just now, grumpyone said:

JT Miller not, I repeat not playing in Dallas tonight.

supposed injury...cough cough 

JTM didn't even travel with the club. He's back here with Schenn. Could both be on the move to the same spot? Big adds for a club for sure. 

Just now, Alflives said:

JTM didn't even travel with the club. He's back here with Schenn. Could both be on the move to the same spot? Big adds for a club for sure. 

probably... Carolina is the only eastern team that has so far stood pat