The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Riley Stillman to Sabres for Josh Bloom

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree, but this org is desperate for dmen.  It just seems weird that they keep skirting around making moves to fix it.

I have no issues with bloom other another winger at the expense of the dcorp

It will come. Need to build up cap space and currency-depth to make the moves. Need to be ready for the right situation. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Something like that. Or even Chychrun.

I think if they can get a jump start on fixing the D now rather thank wait until free agent frenzy I think they will.

That's my thoughts too; think this might be a move to grab Chychrun. Yotes have been looking for 2 first and a prospect;  lots of teams needing a Dman like him with no takers. Canucks are probably one of the only teams that could offer a mid 1st rounder vs late (essentially a 2nd). Also, Chychrun is an oddity in todays NHL; he's a top Dman that loses value every year he gets closer to the end of his contract; team control is King with a favorable contract like that. My guess:

Hogs Or Rathbone + 2023 1st (NYI) for Chychrun

Since it is Yotes, maybe give both Hogs and Rathbone and jettison Boeser

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree, but this org is desperate for dmen.  It just seems weird that they keep skirting around making moves to fix it.

I have no issues with bloom other another winger at the expense of the dcorp

I think they have to be eyeing defenders that are actually, you know, good.

Stillman is a big pile of nothing. Good riddance.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

I think they have to be eyeing defenders that are actually, you know, good.

Stillman is a big pile of nothing. Good riddance.

He wasn't nearly as bad as people want him to be and certainly since tocchet has taken over he's actually looked pretty decent

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He wasn't nearly as bad as people want him to be and certainly since tocchet has taken over he's actually looked pretty decent

That proper word I think would be redundant at 1.4m. I much prefer Burroughs or Wolinan in the lineup personally.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

He has been better under Tochett for sure. But I'm glad we've painlessly moved on. Dermott and Beisebois and Wolanin can fill the role. 

Edited by rekker