The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Demko is looking great and our defensive system is looking better. Those were the 2 things we wanted to address before taking a step. People are so negative. 

Hronek is an excellent 1st add, hopefully we bolster the defense with another top 4 Dman like Pettersson

Problem is how do we add Pettersson at 4mil or whatever his contract is while we just added 4mil in Hronek and we still have OEL on the books? 

I guess we trade draft picks to get rid of some players?

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour] 40 Minutes Left! Come on Down to THING TOWN!
12 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

If things are based on probabilities then yes odds are he would leave based on what he’s said. Are you the type of person who blindly believes everything politicians say when they’re making campaign promises? 

Beyond delusional is a strong choice of words haha. I see two franchise level NHL players on our roster and you seem to think otherwise. You are also the one who is aiming for a mediocre team by seemingly wanting a full rebuild. Arizona has been perpetually rebuilding, the Sabres have too. Edmonton is another team. 

If things are based on probabilities then yes odds are he would leave based on what he’s said. Are you the type of person who blindly believes everything politicians say when they’re making campaign promises? 

So much I could say! Don' tlike to be challenged do ya! You don't know anything about me so don't ":allude" to what I think. All I said was he didn't say if they rebuild I'll walk. He said Don;t want go through a rebuild...two entirely different things. You're entiltled toi your interpretation...I'm entitled to mine

8 minutes ago, awalk said:

Problem is how do we add Pettersson at 4mil or whatever his contract is while we just added 4mil in Hronek and we still have OEL on the books? 

I guess we trade draft picks to get rid of some players?

Excellent question, and I think that is what we need to judge management on. Imo, their work is just beginning. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Furevanucks said:

We worked really hard but moving money in a salary cap league is difficult...probably 

Kinda prefer the pre cap era, expect that at the time nux had a cheap owner who didn't open up the wallet like AQ would. 

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You can think whatever you want. I'm dead serious about the risk. You might not think it's a big deal but you can't just ignore what a quote is implying.

I know you probably want a rebuild, but I think you're putting your own opinion above what was said by Hughes and hoping it's not what he meant, since it goes against what you want. Am I correct?

Right back at you. If that's what I'm doing well then so are you!

• Wat 1