The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

No kidding, I think TOR would actually beat the Pens in the first round. How dare PIT disrespect Crosby and Malkin like that. They need Miller. :ph34r:

Actually, I don't even think the Pens get into the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

While I don’t think a deal is gonna happen I don’t think this necessarily means anything.

All it takes is one phone call. From all reports they were pretty deep into talks the last couple days. For all we know a deal is done but is waiting until deadline day to maximize every cap dollar.

Standing offers already probably exist 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

While I don’t think a deal is gonna happen I don’t think this necessarily means anything.

All it takes is one phone call. From all reports they were pretty deep into talks the last couple days. For all we know a deal is done but is waiting until deadline day to maximize every cap dollar.

It may not be Pittsburgh we should be looking to, tbh. Nashville is starting to look like a good spot for Boeser. 11F on the active roster with Forsberg on IR. They just acquired Foote and Barrie for their right side D, and moved out their 3rd leading forward in points in Granlund. Weren't they trying to move on from Fabbro a while back? Seems like a fit for both teams, and the cap wouldn't be to hard to figure out either, even if that means retaining 650k or so on Boeser. They get a younger winger to replace Granlund, we get a RHD in PA's age target and relieve some cap for next season. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

60 point wingers aren't had for 3.5 million. 

Pens just traded a second for Granlund who is 5 years older than Brock. They have almost identical numbers (Boeser has 2 more goals both have 27 assists). 

Granlund is making 5 million. You could argue Boeser is overpaid by about 1-1.5 million, I have no arguments. But to say dead money as well simply isn't accurate 

Last I checked Granlund is a C who also PKs and leads all Nashville fwds in ice time. 

Well, this is the best trade deadline thread that never was. The sources were never good, but it was fun anyways. Also thanks to the mods for letting this thread slide just this one time. My hat is off to the @AngryElf for the original title which is now legendary. We need to draft up new T-shirts for this occasion.
"We're doing a thing".
To the OP - now go do a thing and study for that exam! You need to pass that thing. :lol:

• Cheers 3

No point trading a 1st and 2nd for Hronek if we don't follow it up with a deal for another decent piece. Pettersson, POJ or Pickering would be ideal (plus an obvious cap dump).

It's easy to acquire a team's 4th defenceman for a mid round first (a top 10 pick in any other draft) and a 2nd (a first in any other draft) so giving no credit to Allvin for that.

It's harder work moving our massive contracts around.

I have little faith in Allvin for getting the tougher deals done.

• RoughGame 1