The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

2 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I would like to see Miller moved, I'm just not hopeful it's realistic. Shedding his contract is a win...im just not sure getting him off the books would fetch a young RHD straight across 

Jake Livingstone the young RHD we need.

As per Miller, it sounds like they want a young a centre back for him in a deal. Don’t think it will be done by TDL..maybe off-season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

So once again, we can’t wait just 1 more year to get Myers off the books first.  No long term vision, Impatience, and it’s clear it was never Benning, this is coming from the very top.  

Totally is, totally always will be with this ownership. 

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

I would like to see Miller moved, I'm just not hopeful it's realistic. Shedding his contract is a win...im just not sure getting him off the books would fetch a young RHD straight across 

I don't think it's going to happen.  But I still hope that it does.  

That's the interesting thing about Hronek.  He was an expensive acquisition but potentially an asset that will increase in value.  The demand for RHD isn't going away anytime soon.  

8 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

This ownership group lacks the vision and patience required to build a cup contender.  

JR has a pretty damn good track record as an exec. If he can’t turn this franchise around, you’d have to strongly consider that the Aquilini group are a detriment to this club, regardless of how much $$$ they invest into it 

2 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

The continued dream world of what we know as CDC.

Boeser's return would be sub-par at best. 

He's got 2 years left on his deal. Just ride it out and hopefully he'll play well enough next year to increase his own trade value, if not, just let it expire. Same goes for Myers.

Remember what happened with the OEL trade? Benning couldn't just wait for 1 more year to let Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel's contracts run out instead of giving up assets to dump cap. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Friendly reminder, the Canucks are the 6th Worst team in the entire league.  We’re nowhere near being a playoff concerned Nevermind a cup contender. Please help me make sense of this trade.  

We are an under achieving team. How many bottom feeder teams have prime Petterson , Hughs , Demko and a Kuzmenko? It's different than an aging out bad team 

• Like 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Post image

Sorry, but that was never the plan to begin with. 

Again, I don't know why a lot of you are acting as if management is deviating from their original approach.

Rutherford EXPLITCITLY said they were targeting 23-25 age players. This was the "major surgery." 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Friendly reminder, the Canucks are the 6th Worst team in the entire league.  We’re nowhere near being a playoff contender Nevermind a cup contender. Please help me make sense of this trade.  

This will help them make the playoffs next year. This year was just a write-off. They’ll be cup contenders starting October 1, 2023.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

you have to think that there is another move or two in the making. Just cant finish the season in bottom 7 and not have 2nd and 3rd round pick in a deep draft

Feels like they blew their load on this thinking they have a trade with Pitts all lined up while the Pens blind sided them instead.

This is basically the Gudbranson trade in structure. A mid-low 1st, and a high 2nd for a RHD. Although in this case, it is a better bet than Gudbranson. 

Ceiling is Hronek can be the best D Partner Hughes has ever had, and I am counting Tanev. 

On the other hand, this is a timing thing....why not wait till the draft to see how much draft capital you have with the Isles pick and having Detroit be in a tighter squeeze for Larkin.

Just now, Nuck1991 said:

you have to think that there is another move or two in the making. Just cant finish the season in bottom 7 and not have 2nd and 3rd round pick in a deep draft

This is the only hope I have....

If PA can flip Miller + for that 1st and second back, then all will be forgiven....