The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson Vs Hughes: Who’s the more valuable piece?

Rate this topic

Odd.

Poll  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would love to know everyone’s opinions on who is the more valuable piece. To me it’s very  close. Hughes playing 30 minutes a night and being steady as he is, it’s hard not to lean on him but then you realize Pettersson is on pace for well over 100 points as a two way Selke calibre centerman.

Im not looking for “Both are great” or “both are equally valuable” answers. 

In your opinion, between the two, who is the more valuable player on this team?

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

Genuinely it's both, but hypothetical gun to my head I voted Hughes because I feel like he's incredibly underrated around the league. If you go by the numbers and defensive ability, Hughes may not win the Norris but should definitely be top 3. This man needs more recognition. 

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Would love to know everyone’s opinions on who is the more valuable piece. To me it’s very  close. Hughes playing 30 minutes a night and being steady as he is, it’s hard not to lean on him but then you realize Pettersson is on pace for well over 100 points as a two way Selke calibre centerman.

Im not looking for “Both are great” or “both are equally valuable” answers. 

In your opinion, between the two, who is the more valuable player on this team?

IMHAO Demko is our most important player. We have a great core now but still need to retool much of the supporting cast to be a complete enough team to carry Demko if he plays poorly. 
Then it’s Hughes and Petey equally. I would have picked Hughes before we got Hronek, because he was our only high end D. Petey has Miller. Now they each have a core player helping them. 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

I think Petterson will go down as best player in Canucks history if he stays. 
‘I think Quinn is already the best defenceman in Canucks history and not by a small margin. 
Demko is also the best goalie we have had IMHO. 
‘Really crystallizes how bad the team around them has been the last two years with Q and EP having career years.

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Whats the point of this poll?  Even together they aren't good enough to get us into the playoffs. 

The team needs a top 3 pick this year desperately.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a top 3 pick this year unless we get some lotto luck.

No 2 guys in history can get a team into the playoffs - its a team game.  

While I am skeptical about the direction of this team, it isn't as dire as a lot of people make it out to be.  We have a lot of talent (outside Hughes and Petey) and maybe with a few tweaks we can get back into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think Petterson will go down as best player in Canucks history if he stays. 
‘I think Quinn is already the best defenceman in Canucks history and not by a small margin. 
Demko is also the best goalie we have had IMHO. 
‘Really crystallizes how bad the team around them has been the last two years with Q and EP having career years.

schnieder was so good. better than Luongo, its too bad he played in Lu's shadow and then the whole kesler thing and the Injuries. he was top 3 IMO