The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Christian Wolanin

Well deserved !!

Still more potential in this young man,   Confidence will rise further,  and could become a Great 3rd D man by himself .

Learning the game / fine points beside Hughes or Hroncek will prove valuable .

congratulations !! 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Best defenceman in the AHL, and he came ready to play last training camp and IMO deserved a roster spot but was bumped. Finally he gets some minutes with the big club. We're too stacked on the left side to allow him consistent minutes but he's a great 7th guy to have.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Best defenceman in the AHL, and he came ready to play last training camp and IMO deserved a roster spot but was bumped. Finally he gets some minutes with the big club. We're too stacked on the left side to allow him consistent minutes but he's a great 7th guy to have.

He's got some stuff to fix, but career season this year and I expect he'll work hard on the summer and seriously compete for a spot in Van next fall

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Good signing.

This is how you sign a depth D. Far better than overpayments like Poolman.

We didn't have depth D in our system to re-sign.

The pro scouting under Benning was definitely subpar. It seemed that everything that he did sign went to crap. Poolman isn't and wasn't a bad defenseman. And if he wasn't injured, we very well might have seen him prosper (or not).

• Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well deserved !!

Still more potential in this young man,   Confidence will rise further,  and could become a Great 3rd D man by himself .

Learning the game / fine points beside Hughes or Hroncek will prove valuable .

congratulations !! 

I hear what you’re saying but he’s older(28) than both those guys (23 and 25). 

I agree he’s still coming into his own at the pro level, though. Very nice signing and as others have said, I’m glad he didn’t push FA where he might have found a 1 way deal.

• Cheers 1