The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

17 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Based on regular season performance it's evident Tampa is fatigued. Three straight SCF's... They've basically played 4 seasons in 3 years.

If the Leafs can't do it this year I don't think they'll ever do it.

If they don't do it this year, they need to rebuild...

As much as a head-line it is that Toronto have to get out of the first round, this won't be easy. Tampa is really slowing down, but come playoff time they're a different beast and even if they are starting to get tired, they have the best playoff goalie in the world to get past. Won't be easy.

Toronto's new make-shift defence vs a star-studded offence, Toronto's highly skilled top-6 against an older, slower Hedman and Vasy.

Could go either way but I don't think Tampa is done just yet and come playoff time, we'll see a different beast. I wouldn't mind facing them in the 2nd round but not the first. Tampa in 6.

38 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

As much as a head-line it is that Toronto have to get out of the first round, this won't be easy. Tampa is really slowing down, but come playoff time they're a different beast and even if they are starting to get tired, they have the best playoff goalie in the world to get past. Won't be easy.

Toronto's new make-shift defence vs a star-studded offence, Toronto's highly skilled top-6 against an older, slower Hedman and Vasy.

Could go either way but I don't think Tampa is done just yet and come playoff time, we'll see a different beast. I wouldn't mind facing them in the 2nd round but not the first. Tampa in 6.

The Laffers gone in Round 1 would be sweat. SN could focus on covering the games instead of cheer leading for TO. When I watch them it is all about the $ signs stamped on their sorry faces.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nope. You’re wishing King. Leafs will sweeperoo TBay. Then steamroll Boston. Next they will pound the Rangers. Then they will dominate the Soilers in the Final. 

team america vomit GIF

If we get a Milk Bags/Coilers Stanley Cup Final I won't even watch.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I’m still pissed off that we gave the Leafs  a tough, solid defenseman who could actually have been just what they needed to beat the Bolts, just for a third round pick. Canucks GMs should not be allowed to help Leafs in any way.

Bolts in 6.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I’m still pissed off that we gave the Leafs  a tough, solid defenseman who could actually have been just what they needed to beat the Bolts, just for a third round pick. Canucks GMs should not be allowed to help Leafs in any way.

Bolts in 6.

Don't be surprised to see Toronto bench Schenn in favour of AHL trash.  They have created a culture where playing defence is completely optional for a blueliner.

4 hours ago, Slegr said:

Bolts in 6.

Pretty sure Schenn has been scratched a few games already lol

I just had a horrible thought. 

Say TOR has another 1st round exit. The s*** would hit the fan and panic would set in, especially with only one more season of Matthews under contract. 

Then the lottery is held and ARI gets the #1.

Matthews++ to ARI for the #1, and the Leafs end up with Bedard. Auston goes home where it's warm and he doesn't have to wear pants.

Could something like this actually happen? I don't think I could stomach it. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Auston goes home where it's warm and he doesn't have to wear pants.

Could something like this actually happen? 

He'll head through the desert on a horse with no name
And feel good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no fans there to give him no pain
La la la la la la

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I just had a horrible thought. 

Say TOR has another 1st round exit. The s*** would hit the fan and panic would set in, especially with only one more season of Matthews under contract. 

Then the lottery is held and ARI gets the #1.

Matthews++ to ARI for the #1, and the Leafs end up with Bedard. Auston goes home where it's warm and he doesn't have to wear pants.

Could something like this actually happen? I don't think I could stomach it. 

Coyotes would keep Bedard and sign AM, as a UFA, July 2024.