The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Cole McWard

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am pretty sure it's a "dream to be in the NHL," but "it'll be special to wear the Canucks logo." Not quite him dreaming of being a Canuck necessarily. Guy is from Missouri, can't imagine he had much familiarity with the Canucks there. Lol. But if he did dream of the Canucks back in Missouri, that's kinda neat. I just don't think that's the case.

@N7Nucks Breaker of Dreams. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

He does, but I'd rather lose with raw rookies, than seeing a pro on the ice looking so lost and out of position. There's no excuse for his play, and to think I was one of this fanbase that was excited to see him picked up as a free agent.

Ah I was in the fanbase thats been upset about his signing since he signed even got into an argument with my beer league team about it.

Well we are probably going to lose more than we win here with or without him either way here.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Ah I was in the fanbase thats been upset about his signing since he signed even got into an argument with my beer league team about it.

Well we are probably going to lose more than we win here with or without him either way here.

What do I know, at the time I thought he and Loui were going to turn this franchise around......

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Lmao I thought he said "definitely having a black guy in the locker room is a special thing". Had to re-watch it a few times. 

Isn’t that what he said LOL. That’s what I thought I heard. I still don’t know if he said that or not:lol:

21 hours ago, billabong said:

Canucks added a college free agent in every important position and that’s a HUGE WIN 

Great signing and Capfriendly has Cole McWard RD 6'1 -  205 lbs

Develop in Abby only 21 most College guys sign and there 23 or 24 years old..

BORN: Jun. 9, 2001
BIRTHPLACE: Fenton, Missouri, United States
NATIONALITY: United StatesUnited States
SHOOTS: Right
HEIGHT: 
6'1"
185cm
WEIGHT: 
205 lbs
93kg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Lmao I thought he said "definitely having a black guy in the locker room is a special thing". Had to re-watch it a few times. 

That’s really funny. :lol:

I knew he said Buckeye when I first watched the video, but listening back, it’s easy to understand why some people might have heard “black guy.”

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That’s really funny. :lol:

I knew he said Buckeye when I first watched the video, but listening back, it’s easy to understand why some people might have heard “black guy.”

Yes, but that Buckeye is also a black guy.  

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

What do I know, at the time I thought he and Loui were going to turn this franchise around......

Aha we all get things wrong even the pros!

I never thought LE would have gone as bad as it did either :(

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

It seems like adding this guy, Hirose, Sasson, Johansson, Raty, Aman, Bloom, Tolopilo, Kravtsov, has really helped re-stock the cupboards.  

Yep already loving this management and their knack for signing these college free agents and young prospects. Way better than Benning signing often injured washed up NHL vets like Ferland, Poolman, Sutter etc.

Wow 

Did the Canucks finally go back to the NCAA and sign another RHD!?

Did Alvin and Rutherford just go out and add a D pairing that is young and will be in the system next season? 

Someone in the Canucks finally is going back to the well.  Tanev and Stecher are both ahead in the depth chart of our RHD outside Hronek.  

Glad someone remembered where the NCAA was.  

• Vintage 1