The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole McWard | #48 | D

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He's 21 years old.  If he keeps developing, he's gonna be a good one.  Probably will take 3 or 4 years though.

I am feeling much more positive with the development of young D-men like McWard with Gonchar and Foote guiding him along the way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

He's 21 years old.  If he keeps developing, he's gonna be a good one.  Probably will take 3 or 4 years though.

I thought he looked pretty good - definitely some things to work on in Abby but there's certainly something to work with here.

• Like 2

I was laughing at myself at the game last night. We were into the secound period before I realized McWard was playing, which i think is good. He didn't make disasterous mistakes and was really fitting in. Hiroke on the other hand started to more noticable, for the right reason. He seemed to be more comfortable a step up from his previous game. So ....... maybe the same will hold true for McWard. Fingers crossed. If he shows well it may help decissions about Myers place on the roster. With Hronek and now maybe McWard along with Bear and Burroughs the Cap will look better and maybe not given away strength

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

McWard 22, RD - 6'2 -205 -- So lucky he signed with Vancouver.The future is so bright and he has size had a decent showing.

Bright future excited for his bright futures. Hope he can be a #3 or #4 D man over next 18--24 months..